Reggie's Replacement. (1 Viewer)

iwitnesskr

Black and Gold toThe Bone
Reaction score
For those who are saying Reggie can't carry the load, and may be better off as a WR, 2008 will be a key year.

Reggie will either confirm beliefs in his talents, by having a breakout year, or he will solidify the stance of those that doubt him, and continue to struggle as a ball carrier.

I pride myself on being a great judge of talent, and truly belief Reggie to be a great player and athlete.

But this kid from Oklahoma will be a draft eligible sophomore, and if all else fails, has three years left of eligibility, which I doubt he will stay, being as talented as he is.

Check all highlights, youtube, whatever, but search for DeMarco Murray.

Kid is flat out amazing.

Scored 15 TD's, while sharing time in a 3 RB rotation during his freshman year.

Someone please post the link to his highlights, I’m at work, and youtube is blocked.

I really would like to see this kid in B&G one day.

And it could be anywhere from 2009, to 2011, but this kid is amazing.

Murray is the smoothest, most natural runner that I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reggies 3rd year in the league and we're already looking for a replacement? Hilarious!

Did you read the post at all, or just the title.

I read the entire thread and it was just funny how you titled the thread. He wouldn't be Reggies replacement cause there is no such thing. Do you understand how important he is to this team not only on the field but off the field as well? He might have had an off season but defenses still have to account for him everytime he steps on the field. And who's to say Reggie will not receive a contract extension come 2009 or 2011? I think it's vitale to the Saints organization to keep this superstar on this team.

Honestly, everyone was saying the same thing about Reggie's YouTube videos; this kid could be no different. Experience and a few years in the NFL are the true test.

And FWIW, I believe in Reggie about as much as I've believed in any player. I truly think he's had his "growing up" years in the NFL, and is poised for some great things this season, depending on the performance of the cast around him and the way he's used. But, the NFL and we fans tend to get impatient, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reggie still hasn't proven he can handle the load. He is deffinately a threat but the question is where is he most threatening? Catching out of the backfield or in the slot seems to be his strong suit as he is elusive in the open field. And running between (or around) the tackles is not open field.

I know that some of you will say that his ligament issue was the cause/case for his lack of performance...just keep in mind Adrian Peterson had the same injury.

So where is Reggie most valuable?

I read the entire thread and it was just funny how you titled the thread. He wouldn't be Reggies replacement cause there is no such thing. Do you understand how important he is to this team not only on the field but off the field as well? He might have had an off season but defenses still have to account for him everytime he steps on the field. And who's to say Reggie will not receive a contract extension come 2009 or 2011? I think it's vitale to the Saints organization to keep this superstar on this team.

Believe me, there is no bigger Bush Fan than I am. Two Fat Heads, one upstairs and one down stairs, framed sketech from DBrooks 55, and though it is a bit lame, I was dressed as Reggie for Halloween in 2006. Check my post, my threads, and you'll find I've only spoken highly of Reggie.

But many people on this board doubt him, so in the spirit of draft season, and NFL scouting, just wanted to share some amazing highlights.

In my perfect world, Reggie Would be a Saint until 2020.

Anyway, did you at least check out the Murray footage.

Murray is an awesome talent.

Maybe I should change the title.

Last edited:
Reggie still hasn't proven he can handle the load. He is deffinately a threat but the question is where is he most threatening? Catching out of the backfield or in the slot seems to be his strong suit as he is elusive in the open field. And running between (or around) the tackles is not open field.

I know that some of you will say that his ligament issue was the cause/case for his lack of performance...just keep in mind Adrian Peterson had the same injury.

So where is Reggie most valuable?

What does Adrian Peterson success in the NFL have to do with Reggie Bush? and why is Reggie Bush compared to every single back in the NFL that has a good game or season? people are talking like we could of drafted AP but selected Bush instead...why are you guys always bringing up AP when you wanna talk about Reggie and his running? Reggie is 205....Peterson is 215-220pds....Reggie isnt big enough to do what AP does...Reggie needs to practice with his team, Reggie needs to practice with his RB Coach, thats all he needs to do and he will be better as a runner.

Believe me, there is no bigger Bush Fan than I am. Two Fat Heads, one upstairs and one down stairs, framed sketech from DBrooks 55, and though it is a bit lame, I was dressed as Reggie for Halloween in 2006. Check my post, my threads, and you'll find I've only spoken highly of Reggie.

But many people on this board doubt him, so in the spirit of draft season, and NFL scouting, just wanted to share some amazing highlights.

In my perfect world, Reggie Would be a Saint until 2020.

Anyway, did you at least check out the Murray footage.

Murray is an awesome talent.

Maybe I should change the title.

Got pics of this costume? :hihi: I've seen the footage of Murray and yes he is impressive. The title of the thread could be a bit misleading.

"Reggie needs to practice with his team, Reggie needs to practice with his RB Coach, thats all he needs to do and he will be better as a runner."
and he needs to do more film study off the field. this to me will be the key to bush's season. will he stay in hollywood and do his offseson of free-flow-do, me-no-go, or whatever it is, inaddition to numerous commercials instead of being in training camp with his team further alienating him from the rest of his teamates and coaches? or will he put the hype aside and do what it takes to be a success in the nfl?

Reggies 3rd year in the league and we're already looking for a replacement? Hilarious!

Average career duration for a RB is 5 years. At the rate Reggie was getting punished last season that number doesn't look too far off, at least in terms of peak output...

Might extend his career if they return to using him as they did in 2006.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom