Reggie's Running (1 Viewer)

Wraith

Finally Made It!
Reaction score
It looks like the light has finally come on for him. We all know that prior to week 10 he was always trying for the homerun, dancing in the hole too much, always trying to bust it outside, etc. Well since then, starting with the Pittsburgh game, he has become more focused on taking what the defense gives him and it has payed off. The numbers from his last 3 games:

Pitt 10/49 4.9 Avg
Cin 13/51 3.9 Avg
Atl 5/24 4.8 Avg

Total 28/124 4.4 Avg

The numbers aren't Earth shattering but I think it shows he is beginning to understand how to play in the NFL.

It looks like the light has finally come on for him. We all know that prior to week 10 he was always trying for the homerun, dancing in the hole too much, always trying to bust it outside, etc. Well since then, starting with the Pittsburgh game, he has become more focused on taking what the defense gives him and it has payed off. The numbers from his last 3 games:

Pitt 10/49 4.9 Avg
Cin 13/51 3.9 Avg
Atl 5/24 4.8 Avg

Total 28/124 4.4 Avg

The numbers aren't Earth shattering but I think it shows he is beginning to understand how to play in the NFL.

if that were a full game, those would be pretty splid numbers.. he's really coming into his zone now.. and i cant wait to see what he does to finish out this season and on for the rest of his career..

I really wish there was some way we could get him more touches, while not taking away deuce's touches and taking chances away from Brees. As someone said before i guess it is a great problem to have that there isn't enough ball to go around our offense.

I'm just glad he's running better

i hope he lives up to his potential

I'm also glad he's on our team! I have been thinking the same thing as this thread topic for a couple weeks now. He is really hitting the holes hard and fast. Taking more of what the defense gives him and not tap dancing behind the line. He will turn it up even harder if we make the playoffs because he is a big game player. BTW how awesome was that 9 yard run in the first half last week when he almost cleared two defenders jumping in the air. BEAST!!

Reggie Bush is an amazing person. He gives 150% every play, and puts his butt on the line. He's finally learned to take what the D gives him, AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

i just hope he doesn't get disappointed in the way he's used... i have no doubt that, barring injury, he'd be heads and shoulders the rookie of the year if he was the featured running back on any team with a decent O line... that's not to say i disagree (much) with the way he's being used, just that he won't realize his full potential as a running back while getting 7, 8 runs a game

Now that Reggie is going for what the D gives him, I can see that he is one cut away from the next step. Breaking off some big ones!

i'm really looking forward to him breaking a long run since he knows how to run now and is getting most of his yards between the tackles, he almost had a long run against the Falcons if it werent for Jamal Jones and is poor attempt to block the corner, when he was 3-4yrd in front of the corner just standing there waiting for the guy to come to him...IDIOT!! reggie was mad to...but I hope he has a good game against the niners.

I remember one play this weekend where reggie faked to run up inside the tackle but instead broke to the outside. I think on his long run. If defenders start respecting the fact that he will run it inside as easily as he will take to the outside, he will become a lot more effective.

Right now its just a race to the sideline every time he touches the ball, because thats all he seems to do.

Huh? He hasn't been doing that for the last couple of games.

I really wish there was some way we could get him more touches, while not taking away deuce's touches and taking chances away from Brees. As someone said before i guess it is a great problem to have that there isn't enough ball to go around our offense.

That being said, when Bush got the ball down to the four yard line on the second(?) drive Sunday, I sure was glad to see Deuce come into the game and pound the ball into the endzone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom