Reggie's thinking of wearing pink gloves ***pic included*** (1 Viewer)

I couldn't care less what color gloves the man wears. So long as he holds on to the ball and visits the endzone quite often.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes this disease more important than all the ones the NFL doesn't promote?

Not trying to be rude, but why push fundraising for one in particular?

I Heart Boobies and so should the NFL. This is a great thing they are doing!!! (National Funbags League)

They should go with topless cheerleaders this week in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Week. Would motivate me to donate some money Im sure.

Im shocked by any negative reaction to this gesture. Im guessing anyone opposing this is "advanced" in years.

A real man can do what he wants. A real man could care less what you numbskulls think.
Do you actually think that the men who play the toughest sport in the world are less of men because they were pink gloves and shoes?? really??

Wear the pink, support breast cancer awareness. Why would anyone be against this?

Real Men wear Pink.

(this does not excuse those damn pink jerseys. our team colors are Black and Gold. Don't try and be cute ladies. If you are gonna support the team do it for real and get a damn real jersey.)

Ditto. Pink jerseys look cute on little girls, but when you're an adult, get a real jersey. Saints colors are Black and Gold, not pink!!

That being said, I'm very appreciative of the gesture by Reggie. It's the classy thing to do!! :worthy:

I told him I thought he should wear them because they would match Drew's cleats.

This stuff is going too far. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?archive=090928 At the bottom under "The NFL goes Pink"

This is ok for Mother's Day in baseball where they play 162 games and only do it for one, but come on do we really need pink all over a football field?

I am very sensitive to the cause but this is a little much.

You do not appear to be sensitive to the cause at all. If it helps raise awareness and therefore helps, directly or indirectly, save ONE life, do you feel your inconvenience with having to watch a set of pink gloves on TV is too much for that? Think about it.

I say no to 'hot pink'/fuschia but otherwise, pink was considered the color of virility in the 20's, and was the boy's color because it was a pale version of red, which was an intense color. (Blue was 'pretty for girls').

At one point pink was considered more of a boy's color, (as a
watered-down red, which is a fierce color) and blue was more for
girls. The associate of pink with bold, dramatic red clearly affected
its use for boys. An American newspaper in 1914 advised mothers, "If
you like the color note on the little one's garments, use pink for the
boy and blue for the girl, if you are a follower of convention.

The associations flipped around the 1930s/40s.

Nazi Germany had something to do with the
association of pink with femininity:

Catholic traditions in Germany and neighboring countries reverse the
current color coding, because of the strong association of blue with
the Virgin Mary...the NAZIs in their concentration camps use a pink
triangle to identify homosexuals. (The yellow star of David is the
best known symbol, used of course to identify Jews. The German system
was quite complicated, using various symbols an colors to identify
criminals, political prisinors, an a whole range of other groups). The
NAZI's choice of pink suggests that it by the 1930s was a color that
in Germany had become associate with girls.

So I ask each of you: are you a Nazi?

They should go with topless cheerleaders this week in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Week. Would motivate me to donate some money Im sure.
that's a great idea. but then when we score, I wouldn't be able to stand up and cheer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom