Reggie's thinking of wearing pink gloves ***pic included*** (1 Viewer)

3 of my close friends have been diagnosed with various stages of breast cancer this year. they now say 1 in 12 women will come down with some variation of the disease. with early detection and awareness, we don't have to lose our wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters and daughters. pink is an odd color, i agree - but everyone will be talking about the players wearing pink AND WHY - and if that means one more woman makes an appointment for her mammagram and her life is saved, then we've all saved a life!

I think he should do it. It's for a good cause and "real men can wear pink".

I've got a nephew who is a wrestler -- and a damn good one. And, yes, he is also big time into women, before that dumb remark comes up.

When he goes to wrestling matches, he wears a pink knit cap to send a message to the other wrestlers that he is bad ***ed enough to wear pink.

I've always thought how funny it was that some guys were "too tough to wear pink". If you are really that tough, why do you care what someone else says? Dare 'em to say something.

wearing pink doesn't make you less of a man. i think it's a great idea for a good cause.

Do it Reggie....it's for a good cause.

As long as it helps him hang on to the ball...

It's been a month since he had the dropsies, can we give it a rest with the jabs at the fumble and muffed punt?:idunno:

3 of my close friends have been diagnosed with various stages of breast cancer this year. they now say 1 in 12 women will come down with some variation of the disease. with early detection and awareness, we don't have to lose our wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters and daughters. pink is an odd color, i agree - but everyone will be talking about the players wearing pink AND WHY - and if that means one more woman makes an appointment for her mammagram and her life is saved, then we've all saved a life!
Another excellent point. We've had cases of breast cancer in our family -- in my wife's immediate family, making her "high risk".

If one of the most popular sports can raise awareness by wearing a little pink for one week... go for it.

If the NFL is ok with it, I don't see why not. Maybe a little good will can help him get into the endzone this week :hihi:

if something so simple as a color can help promote cancer research, it's a pretty small price to pay for a very serious problem - not sure it has anything to do with "man-liness"

i agree, my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple weeks ago. has nothing to do with football. it is something that affectrs almost every family. promoting it for one week wont hurt anything...

Why can't all the players just wear a little patch on the jersey, do we really have to watch guys playing with pink shoes and pink gloves? I guess it does go along with how much Goodell is trying to [mod edit] the league

grumpy+old+man.jpg

Real Men wear Pink.

(this does not excuse those damn pink jerseys. our team colors are Black and Gold. Don't try and be cute ladies. If you are gonna support the team do it for real and get a damn real jersey.)

It may just be my pc, but the gloves look red to me. However, I like the idea that Reggie is joining Drew in the support of Breast Cancer Research.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom