Regret (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I didn’t see a post about this yet...
Watching GB play, it hurts even more our loss against Tampa. We were very capable of beating GB at Lambeau, just like we would beat Tampa if not for a couple of interceptions.

It hurts. Our year was 2018, but this year was a good chance as well. Remember we barely lost to KC with Drew taking the first half off and missing some players.

It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.

a few of my friends were worried about GB if we beat TB. i told them if we beat TB we will be in the super bowl. TB is better than GB, the little cold in lambeau wouldnt affect our game plan.

little did i know saints defense would look like the week 2 or 3 defense. not the top 5 defense they had.

and saints offense went full playoff mode :banghead:

I have no regrets. Our team played to lose and struggled. Any given Sunday, you go out there to play to win and obviously, our team wasn't that team. The turnovers and lackluster performance by the team as a whole is what lost us that game. It's in the past and time to move on. Could have, should have, would have talk just needs to stop. It didn't happen. It was win, or go home and that is the truth. We lost and now we must move on.

The thing with a one and done playoff is that the best teams don't always win. If its a 7 game series like the NBA or MLB you can have a bad game or two but the better team usually wins the series. In a one done scenario, if you have a bad game you are done. Unfortunately the Saints always seem to have their worst games come playoff time.

The thing with a one and done playoff is that the best teams don't always win. If its a 7 game series like the NBA or MLB you can have a bad game or two but the better team usually wins the series. In a one done scenario, if you have a bad game you are done. Unfortunately the Saints always seem to have their worst games come playoff time.

Good point, but with the physicality of the sport, football can’t follow the playoff structure of the other sports (I wish it could as well).

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not upset about what’s going on with the other teams; I’m upset that my team has not risen to the occasion four straight seasons.
Also, I think Tampa’s concern was us, and they knew if they could past us that GB was a favorable matchup for them.

Good point, but with the physicality of the sport, football can’t follow the playoff structure of the other sports (I wish it could as well).

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not upset about what’s going on with the other teams; I’m upset that my team has not risen to the occasion four straight seasons.
Also, I think Tampa’s concern was us, and they knew if they could past us that GB was a favorable matchup for them.
I think with the current NFL salary cap and roster structure you are probably right.

With that said, what if you added 22 slot to an NFL roster and raised the sal cap to accommodate. Then you could have sufficient depth to allow for a longer season where it's best of 3 wins the series for each stint of the playoffs.

Additionally, you could reduce regular season to 14 games and preseason to 2 and limit wear and tear on the players.

For the past 2 seasons, our offense let us down in the playoffs. I know this season in particular, injuries killed us. Yet I still have to give them credit for pulling off 13 wins

Watching GB play, it hurts even more our loss against Tampa. We were very capable of beating GB at Lambeau, just like we would beat Tampa if not for a couple of interceptions.

It hurts. Our year was 2018, but this year was a good chance as well. Remember we barely lost to KC with Drew taking the first half off and missing some players.

It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.
Yea we should've def beat Tampa. You could tell we were still the better team. That's what still stings. Credit the Bucs defense played a great game, and I still can't believe Devin White came back from injury and absolutely put the defense on his back and sealed the game single handedly. After Cooks fumble it's like our team just died. And let's not forget Deonte Harris getting injured was the end of it all. Sucks but, as they say, " Any given Sunday".

The regret should be the seemingly overconfidence we have with our roster every year. Not signing or drafting receivers, never having a 3rd quality running back, not addressing the LB position in the offseason, and an overconfidence in our Legend of a QB as we have watched him decline year after year.

The regret should be the seemingly overconfidence we have with our roster every year. Not signing or drafting receivers, never having a 3rd quality running back, not addressing the LB position in the offseason, and an overconfidence in our Legend of a QB as we have watched him decline year after year.
We signed Sanders and had a nice addition with Harris. 3rd down quality back was Hill (the last games don’t lie). We addressed the LB late with Kwon, but we did.
Overconfidence in Brees, if we don’t run a bad route (Kamara), drop a pass (Cook) and fumble (Cook again) we are in the Nfccg.
So it’s really about execution, IMO. That’s why it hurts.

Ps: execution and the three key injuries I mentioned, of course. But despite these, a good execution would let us win

We had 4 turnovers that led to 21 points.
We deserved to lose.

Well said and I’ll add that ultimately it
falls on the head coach. I sometimes wonder if the fact that we already had beaten the Bucs twice in the regular came into play and we were just arrogant going into the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom