Regret (1 Viewer)

I didn’t see a post about this yet...
Watching GB play, it hurts even more our loss against Tampa. We were very capable of beating GB at Lambeau, just like we would beat Tampa if not for a couple of interceptions.

It hurts. Our year was 2018, but this year was a good chance as well. Remember we barely lost to KC with Drew taking the first half off and missing some players.

It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.
To Be Honest , I was very confident and excited about This years Team and them having a great chance of a a
Watching GB play, it hurts even more our loss against Tampa. We were very capable of beating GB at Lambeau, just like we would beat Tampa if not for a couple of interceptions.

It hurts. Our year was 2018, but this year was a good chance as well. Remember we barely lost to KC with Drew taking the first half off and missing some players.

It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.
To Be Honest, I really liked this years Team and liked there chance of a Dream scenario of winning a championship and having Drew ride off in amazing fashion. That was untill I watched everything change when they played one of the worst games against the Eagles, that was a turning point for me. That put me back in check that they could easily lose to any team in the playoffs....

I regret watching this football season.
This was not my most enjoyable, but it was my smartest football season. Zero money spent on new shirts and merchandise, versus hundreds generally spent each year. Zero money spent on tickets, versus thousands spent on seatgeek/stubhub (not a season ticket holder) the past few years. Zero money spent traveling to the Dome, eating, drinking, hotels, versus thousands the past few years.

I am grateful that I got to watch the Saints nearly for free, without the crushing sense of defeat after spending untold thousands during the season.

No, I didn't get the result that I wanted, but it hurt much, much less this year where it really counts.

The other thing is if Mrs. Brees is right and Drew was playing with torn rotator cuff and torn fascia in his foot....I'm not sure he would've looked much better vs. GB than he did vs. CHI or TB. Being old and not what you used to be is one thing but being old AND playing QB with a torn rotator cuff....Plus, I have ordinary plantar fasciitis and when it acts up it's like someone's stabbing me in the heel with a steak knife. A torn fascia would horribly impede a QB's footwork, which is a very important part to good quarterbacking.

Not sure why u would think that. Rodgers carved us up this yr without Adams. I know we didn’t have mike but adams is the deadlier player. I think we match up better with Tampa. We just turned it over

My regret was watching this football season, knowing full well in the back of my mind the Saints were not going to make it.

1_ First of all Covid screwed it all up. No fans

2. The protest crap and what Drew went thru

3- The fact they changed the playoffs and the 2nd seed will not have a bye week. I just knew they Saints were going to be one the 1st teams to get that honor

4. That Tom Brady ended up in Tampa of all places, knowing the Super Bowl will be played there. Then when they got Fournette and Brown. I just knew in the back of my mind they were setup to make a run.

5. Tampa having a late season bye week. Players are fresh

6. Followed by the easy path ,in the playoffs, that Tampa took. Playing an NFC East Team , minus their starting
Qb.

7. Then playing a team that humiliated them twice , minus two key players, an injured Qb and an old TE playing like crap

8. Even if the Saints win against Tampa, I doubt Bill Vinovich would have allowed them to beat Green Bay.

NFL got what they wanted . Mahomes vs. Brady. Old vs. New . Passing of the Torch, blah, blah blah .

So I regret watching this season.

I guess I will pull for the Chiefs

This year I think we were better than Tampa and Green Bay.

Certainly last year we were better than the Vikings.

A year before, no doubt we should have beaten the rams.

And of course, you have the miracle...

My point is, coaching staff and the administration have done enough to keep a competitive team going to the playoffs. That is all we can ask.

Unfortunately, things happen during a game. A miracle play, a bad call, an offensive pass interference, you name it.

Only one of 16 teams go to the Super Bowl in our conference. The odds are against everyone.

I am a little numb of what happened the last four years. I think the challenge is to learn what we can do to not be afraid, to play safe and loose at the same time during the playoffs. We have to face that the experiences of the last four years are bringing extra tension to the players in key moments.

I think that the team that is playing with confidence will always make it to the big game.

I regret watching this football season.

I kind of understand what you mean, I am not enjoying the games as much as I did, because I am thinking we will face a fatality at some point. Same tension the players may be thinking.

We have to realize this. A 12-4 season is a rarity for any team in the modern era. We should appreciate what we have, even when we don't get the final result.

a few of my friends were worried about GB if we beat TB. i told them if we beat TB we will be in the super bowl. TB is better than GB, the little cold in lambeau wouldnt affect our game plan.

little did i know saints defense would look like the week 2 or 3 defense. not the top 5 defense they had.

and saints offense went full playoff mode :banghead:
What game did you watch?! 4 turnovers on offense is “playoff mode”?! Seriously! Yes, the defense didn’t have to give up 3 td’s, but really?!

8. Even if the Saints win against Tampa, I doubt Bill Vinovich would have allowed them to beat Green Bay

If we had beat Tamp would Taysom and Murray been able to play Green Bay?

Also if we had played the Packers I hope that Vinovich would have been nowhere near that game

Look at it like this. The year we won the SB, there was no question we were the best team in the league. The only other year you could make that argument was 2011 and 2018, and even in 2018 we lost a good bit of steam after the Dallas game and never really got it back. We've been top five steadily since 2017.. but it's hard to argue that we were the absolute best team in the league any longer than that 5-6 game stretch in 2018 and maybe for a 3-4 game stretch in 2020. There was never any question in 2009, even when we dropped the last three games.

What game did you watch?! 4 turnovers on offense is “playoff mode”?! Seriously! Yes, the defense didn’t have to give up 3 td’s, but really?!
obviously sarcasm is hard and it went over your head.

that was playoff mode for the saints offense the last 4 seasons. choking.

Not sure why u would think that. Rodgers carved us up this yr without Adams. I know we didn’t have mike but adams is the deadlier player. I think we match up better with Tampa. We just turned it over
Sorry, but that was a vastly different defense in week 3 than the one we trotted out by season's end. Just saying.

And it's all moot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom