Regret (1 Viewer)

You know what? Patriots fans and Brady fans can have them. That's easy and not very commendable. They are not underdogs. I'm a fan of the Saints because I AM a fan of the underdog.

Some people say that's a loser mentality. Whatever. The people who say that aren't good people and are going to H-E double hockey sticks.

Yea we should've def beat Tampa. You could tell we were still the better team. That's what still stings. Credit the Bucs defense played a great game, and I still can't believe Devin White came back from injury and absolutely put the defense on his back and sealed the game single handedly. After Cooks fumble it's like our team just died. And let's not forget Deonte Harris getting injured was the end of it all. Sucks but, as they say, " Any given Sunday".

Yeah the team seemed to tighten up after that fumble like, "Here we go again." And how could they not have that in the back of their minds after what they experienced the three postseasons prior?

Good point, but with the physicality of the sport, football can’t follow the playoff structure of the other sports (I wish it could as well).

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not upset about what’s going on with the other teams; I’m upset that my team has not risen to the occasion four straight seasons.
Also, I think Tampa’s concern was us, and they knew if they could past us that GB was a favorable matchup for them.

I've honestly thought the league should look at a 1-1 aggregate scoring type thing for the playoffs instead of being so insistent on a longer regular season. It helps to alleviate the one bad game issue you talked about and it adds more meaningful games between high level teams as opposed to making everyone play an extra game or two that in a lot of cases are meaningless. I don't think it'll ever happen though.

Just my opinions: 1. About the KC game; If Anzalone falls on that punt fumble in KC's end zone the chances the Saints win that game would have been far better.
2. Green Bay beat us at the Dome. They were better that day and made their plays on offence with precision. Game #2 would have been our
revenge game but it just didn't happen.
3. We "coulda" beat Tampa Bay but the Cook fumble was the turning point that led to the ten point loss.
4. There was no Home Field Advantage this season for anybody (except KC). The Saints players "feed" off of the hysteria of our fans and the
visiting team hates it.
5. Results: 12-4 with a banged up QB, then 1-1 in the playoffs....end of season.
Tom Brady may be the GOAT but it's hard for me to admit it because "things" would have been totally different if #3 above didn't occur; also Tom Brady has a ton
of luck, just look at his life, yet I know he truly is a strong competitor that brought him this far.

Saints don't adjust well. Brees was hooked into Emmanuel Sanders the entire game. It's all about 'trust' and if one players goes down they then are just going to throw to the same player over and over again. I don't think this issue is repairable, it's how the Saints offense is run. It has to be perfect with players that Brees trusts.

We signed Sanders and had a nice addition with Harris. 3rd down quality back was Hill (the last games don’t lie). We addressed the LB late with Kwon, but we did.
Overconfidence in Brees, if we don’t run a bad route (Kamara), drop a pass (Cook) and fumble (Cook again) we are in the Nfccg.
So it’s really about execution, IMO. That’s why it hurts.

Ps: execution and the three key injuries I mentioned, of course. But despite these, a good execution would let us win
Harris was already on the roster and barely used. Sanders wasn't used as much as he should have been with Mike out. Hill is not a 3rd RB. He got hurt and barely touches ball. He's a gadget player only.

Turnovers happen, but even after those we failed to execute so I'll agree there. Our interior line is not good at all.

I absolutely LOVE Drew Brees and will forever be grateful. But I regret that he came back this year. And I regret that the deal with Brady to the Saints didn't materialize. We already knew how this year would end. I wasn't even that upset when it did. I was relieved in a weird way.

I didn’t see a post about this yet...
Watching GB play, it hurts even more our loss against Tampa. We were very capable of beating GB at Lambeau, just like we would beat Tampa if not for a couple of interceptions.

It hurts. Our year was 2018, but this year was a good chance as well. Remember we barely lost to KC with Drew taking the first half off and missing some players.

It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.
It is over. History. Done. Water under the bridge. We need to quit with the analysis of why the Saints lost, other than the fact, they obviously were not the team we thought they were.

They say regret is the toughest of all emotions because there's nothing you can do about it. I say we look toward the future and the things we can control...

I think the team put too much pressure on themselves this year in the postseason. They had a hump to get over and it messed with their heads. After 3 straight post season disappointments they had pressure on them to get it done esp being Drew's last season. I think drew felt the most pressure and that's why he played so bad. Just my opinion.

I regret our attachment to drew brees the past two years.. knowing it handicapped 1/3rd of the field.

I think the team put too much pressure on themselves this year in the postseason. They had a hump to get over and it messed with their heads. After 3 straight post season disappointments they had pressure on them to get it done esp being Drew's last season. I think drew felt the most pressure and that's why he played so bad. Just my opinion.

He played poorly due to physical injury, not psychology.

We may or may not have beaten Green Bay. Who knows? Yeah, we are capable of beating any team when we play well, but we are just as capable of losing when we play poorly. Like the saying goes: "coulda, shoulda, woulda'. I'm kind of to that point with this team. It doesn't matter what we should have done. It's what did we do. I agree, we were robbed in 18, but in all of our other playoff losses, we simply blew it.

Last edited:
It all came down to gameplanning and execution. Bring our A game (but even our B game) and we would be in the Super Bowl now.

I don’t think the game plan was bad at all. If not for the Cook fumble we may waltz into the NFCCG. The problem was turnovers.

I do think we could’ve beaten Green Bay though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom