Relax , We’ll be ok (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We have issues but we’ll be ok the season isn’t done.

The defensive talent we post this season is as good as advertised the problem is scheme and coaching.

No way you let a TE catch 10+ passes you jam him bump him knock him off his route . We didn’t line anyone up with 5 yards of him.

Our entire secondary is playing out of position idk if Allen thinks this is Madden or what but
Jenkins is a 3x probowler FS yet we have him at SS

Jenkins is a press corner whose aggressive and thrives on jumping routes yet we line him up 5-10 yards off the receiver almost all the time

Gardner Johnson is a SS yet he’s lined up at NCB while PRob whose probably one of the best NCB in the NFL is on the bench .

Our front 7 was solid but all of this won’t help adjustments need to be made.

You can’t ask someone to cover a 6/7-6/8 250 pound player in open space without throwing off timing disruption in the route. We should know this from Cook, Watson and Graham.

On to the offense Brees looks bad our Offense should’ve had 50 points last week and 40 this week. We have wide open receivers down field and Drew is simply not making the throws, we didn’t even put Taysom in in the second half. The offense Iine and run game will be a force but at this point I don’t even think it’s the play calling it’s simply Drew isn’t willing to make the throws .

Whatever the case I think he can still be a game manger through this season and win but we have to start seeing passes of 20+ yards down field . Cook and Smith didn’t even get targeted in the second half , but thankfully we have the best QB room in the NFL . Prolong Brees by using a 70/30 or 80/20 Taysom/Brees ratio or If it’s really as bad as it looks use that formula for the next 2-3 games and after the bye start Winston .

This roster is to talented to not win it all this year or let anything stand in the way best the best player in and let them play ball

I believe this is also a result of not having OTA's and a preseason to knock the rust off.

Ding ding ding.

Maybe you guys don't remember but we usually look pretty terrible the first two or 3 weeks even with a full pre-season.

This offense will NEED to go deep sometime soon if we are gonna win. If Brees can't do it then put in someone who can. I think Brees will be fine. He made a lot of sharp throws last night.

Is emmanuel Sanders not getting open or is Brees not throwing to him???

Defense was all kinds of terrible. You mentioned that everyone is playing out of position due to coaching scheme. If that's the case then we're going to be in for a long season because one thing coaches do not like to do is change their entire scheme. They usually think they're so smart they're just going to continue doing what they're doing and eventually will work.

I got news for you guys will probably going to lose next week as well and be fighting from out of a hole the rest of the season. However I do think this team is much better than what we've seen so far in the second half of the season we will make a run. We have one of the best rosters in the league.

What kills me is how come we are not prepared? I mean look at Seattle they just came out of the gate gunning what is our problem why are we so slow to develop every year?

Edit: Sorry for the borderline nonsensical sentences I am using text to talk haha

2nd edit: If we are still struggling on offense by week 6 I will definitely be worried.

Last edited:
I don't view this loss as a bad thing. First it was an AFC team so it doesn't affect the tie breakers, second it was the first road game with all this covid stuff, and third it was the raiders first game in Vegas so they were extra pumped.

Much of what we saw last night can in theory be fixed. This team on paper has much too much talent to play as poorly as it did last night. But as I said on a Brees thread currently running, I fear our window has closed. I simply do not think that Drew is good enough for the Saints to win in January. Our defense seems talented, but lacks consistency and cannot carry a team. Hindsight is a luxury. We did not have a chance to draft Mahomes, but we had a chance to draft Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson.

Much of what we saw last night can in theory be fixed. This team on paper has much too much talent to play as poorly as it did last night. But as I said on a Brees thread currently running, I fear our window has closed. I simply do not think that Drew is good enough for the Saints to win in January. Our defense seems talented, but lacks consistency and cannot carry a team. Hindsight is a luxury. We did not have a chance to draft Mahomes, but we had a chance to draft Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson.
But can we fix CSP's play calling and game strategy?

After my initial frustration from last night , particularly D Allen's inability to adjust to one guy killing them, I have a few thoughts.
1) we need to be and are built to be a run heavy offense , period. We have the horses and great run blocking WR. We wont win many shootouts anymore.
2)The Raiders offense is pretty darn good (it appears) . The back-up linemen did a great job on our D line. Also Gruden is no dummy he called a great game, relentlessly went after our weakness over and over(Sean should learn from this/ keep running the damn rock!)
3) MJ27 is who we remember him as, he and Marcus williams are severe liabilities.

I think we will ultimately be fine, double digit division winner but IMO if we want to do squat in January need to be run heavy clock chewers.

I believe this is also a result of not having OTA's and a preseason to knock the rust off.
But we were suppose to be one of the teams to benefit from that the most since we've had our core here for 4+ years now. Least that's what we were saying before last night :shrug:

After my initial frustration from last night , particularly D Allen's inability to adjust to one guy killing them, I have a few thoughts.
1) we need to be and are built to be a run heavy offense , period. We have the horses and great run blocking WR. We wont win many shootouts anymore.
2)The Raiders offense is pretty darn good (it appears) . The back-up linemen did a great job on our D line. Also Gruden is no dummy he called a great game, relentlessly went after our weakness over and over(Sean should learn from this/ keep running the damn rock!)
3) MJ27 is who we remember him as, he and Marcus williams are severe liabilities.

I think we will ultimately be fine, double digit division winner but IMO if we want to do squat in January need to be run heavy clock chewers.
At this rate in January Winston would more then likely be starting.

We can be a pass or run team with this talent it’s drew not making the throws

2 to cook under threw
1 to sanders behind him
One to Trequan to high
1 bad int forcing it to Harris

And all of this was on throws less than 15 yards ....

But can we fix CSP's play calling and game strategy?
CSP was just fine, in the second half we were killed by penalties and had a bad drive by Brees, while the defense did nothing to get the ball back. That’s not on CSP at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom