Relax........... (1 Viewer)

Well, they DID force Reggie to fumble. They DID pick him off i the endzone. They DID catch Stecker's tip (I'm confident the Saints' D would've never caught it). They DID FORce Brees to throw it out of the endzone into Landry's hands. Then the feed switched to JAX-PHI, but their defense caused the turnovers. The bounces might've gone their way but they had to make the play still. It didn't bounce off Stecker and glue to the defender's hand.

None of those turnovers were "unlucky"

First was the result of missed blocking assignment by I believe Stinchomb

2 picks mostly on Brees, 1 was on stecker, and then the Bush pick (he should have throw it away or run out of bounds)

The team was not prepared to play football. Hopefully we can count this as rookie mistake on Payton as it is unlike his teams to do that.

Well, they DID force Reggie to fumble. They DID pick him off i the endzone. They DID catch Stecker's tip (I'm confident the Saints' D would've never caught it). They DID FORce Brees to throw it out of the endzone into Landry's hands. Then the feed switched to JAX-PHI, but their defense caused the turnovers. The bounces might've gone their way but they had to make the play still. It didn't bounce off Stecker and glue to the defender's hand.

Actually on the replay I thought the ball was coming loose on reggie before he was even hit. I could have picked off Reggie's pass in the endzone....Hollis Thomas couldn't have picked off that pass....it was thrown to the wrong spot. If Reggie throws that pass to the left of the receiver(to the pylon) the receiver could have adjusted and probably had the touchdown. Brees interception out of the endzone was forced by their defense because brees got hit just as he was releasing the ball.

I give them credit for stepping up, but we could have avoided some of the turnovers by blocking better, holding onto the ball, and throwing the ball in the right spot. But I guess that can be said with any turnovers.

Its a game of inches...unfortunately today we were a few yards away from a win.

Hey we put ourselves in a big hole at halftime. Good second half of play. Things would have been a lot diffrent without 5 turnovers & 28 points off of them. Oh well, we are still 5-2. Let's make corrections and move on!

I had "Mama said there's be days like this....there'd be days like this mama said" in my head the whole first half. What is the difference between a good team (which I am still convinced we have) and a great team (what I am thoroughly convinced we don't have yet) well we saw it today.

The turnovers and penalties were dumb mistakes on a bad day...that can happen to any team. The whole offense had a BAD day. I hated watching it (and I watched every minute out of masichism - my wife says) but the more distressing thing than a bad offensive day was the horrible play of our defense. We REALLY missed Harper today and I think we solidified what our biggest need is going to be in the offeseason. We need DB'S! Corners, big strong young stud cover corners that will hit these recievers in the mouth. I love MM but he can't cover both sides and FT is getting old (despite his inspired play lately.) Our run D was pretty stout early but our secondary got esxposed.

Anyway, I believe Payton will get them collected and we still have a div champ team here and I never would have believed that in August. I am still excited about this team and coaching staff....we will have an early exit in the playoffs and the D is still the big weakness of this team. Even with the rough outing by the O today. When you score 22 against a D like the ravens you still should win.

Hey at least we play tampa next week. I still have faith...but we came back to earth a bit today.

Peace+

Nebo

Last edited:
I have to admit I liked the team fighting all the way to the end of the game. I think a Haslett team would have laid down with 3 or four touchdowns on theem. I still LOVE the heart this team has. I thnk Payton will have them all running some wind sprints for mistakes and they will be good and ****** off when we play the Bucs.

-N

I have to admit I liked the team fighting all the way to the end of the game. I think a Haslett team would have laid down with 3 or four touchdowns on theem.

Green Bay 52 Saints 3 anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom