Relive the most consistently loudest crowd in Saints history.. (1 Viewer)

I was at both games. That opening game vs. Atlanta back in 06 had a different energy that was about way way more than a football game that was just pure joy, with the loudest moment being that punt block. The NFCCG vs. the Rams especially early was the loudest over a period of time. Goff was a deer in the headlights out there first couple of possessions.

It’s also why I don’t get too angry about the no call we had them on the ropes big time early and we didn’t make the most out of it. When we got that pick inside the 20 and only got a FG that hurt. You get a TD there you might have had them 20-0 before they got on the board. That crowd would have kept eating them up.

That game was the loudest overall. The playoff game in early 2010 vs. AZ was also pretty loud too. The baseball bat Reggie ran out with pretty much set that one off. Honorable mention was that 2018 pasting of Philly the “choppa style” game.

Another honorable mention the Saints vs. Rams in the 2000 playoffs when the punt got dropped. I wasn’t as close to the action then as I am now. I was a poor college student who was lucky to scrape up some change (which compared to now was change) to score season tickets in section 614 way back on the 2nd to last row. It was insanely loud from way up there.
I was at all of those games. The loudest single moment was the blocked punt vs Atlanta. The noise went from zero to 1,000 in a split second. The loudest game throughout was the Rams. You are correct, the Arizona game was also very loud. Even louder than the Vikings game. When we won that game, I wasn't very loud at all because it's very hard to scream while crying.

I was at all of those games. The loudest single moment was the blocked punt vs Atlanta. The noise went from zero to 1,000 in a split second. The loudest game throughout was the Rams. You are correct, the Arizona game was also very loud. Even louder than the Vikings game. When we won that game, I wasn't very loud at all because it's very hard to scream while crying.
You get a hint of how loud we're about to be in the Atlanta game when Fujita caused Vick to fumble and it rolled out of bounds. For a split second, it got as loud as the blocked punt, or you could at least tell how loud we could be.

The 09 game against the Patriots was the loudest in my opinion. I whistle loud and could not even hear my whistle then and I’d been to them all.
Yes! I was there on that Monday night. The 38-17 destruction of Brady. What a night that was. It was either that game or Rams NFC championship for me. Unreal noise.

Yes! I was there on that Monday night. The 38-17 destruction of Brady. What a night that was. It was either that game or Rams NFC championship for me. Unreal noise.
It was so awesome seeing the MNF helmet land in the dome and we all cheered for that. I think that's my favorite game even over the Super Bowl.

The 09 game against the Patriots was the loudest in my opinion. I whistle loud and could not even hear my whistle then and I’d been to them all.
Yep. I didn't get to go to the nfccg so I'm not sure how loud that one got, but I made that NE game and that place was out of control from start to finish.

brought a dolphin fan with us as a return favor from the Miami game.

Poor girl was sitting in her seat hands over her ears balled up in pain. I couldn't hear what anybody was saying on either side of me. We were just going berserk from the start. Lost my voice by halftime.

Got texts from friends during the game watching on tv about how Loud it was through the tube. Was awesome.

The loudest Saints fans were the ones at Tulane Stadium that prevented the Eagles from snapping the ball for 17 minutes because they couldn't hear their quarterback.
i was a youte in that number, good timez

refs didn't do themselves any favors calling uc on the crowd for noise

tulane stadium was fearsome loud once the foot stomping began on the steel

Man how far we have fallen when it comes to crowd noise. I feel like 70% of the reason is that the No Call sucked the life out of us and some of us have never recovered. I don't look at games the same way. But geez watch this whole short video and remember how loud we were even during TV timeouts. I think the NFL felt sorry for the Rams. Could have been on the way to a blowout if we would have gotten at least 1 or 2 TDs early when we had great chances to!

That damn fake punt marked the beginning of the end of a great era.

It's not the No Call. It's the losing. When a team plays like we're playing at home, the fans have no reason to get excited. They see the players giving up, and they give up. You can compare the fans' effort to the Honey Badgers' effort on tackling a big WR or RB--an intentional whiff.

I was at both games. That opening game vs. Atlanta back in 06 had a different energy that was about way way more than a football game that was just pure joy, with the loudest moment being that punt block. The NFCCG vs. the Rams especially early was the loudest over a period of time. Goff was a deer in the headlights out there first couple of possessions.

It’s also why I don’t get too angry about the no call we had them on the ropes big time early and we didn’t make the most out of it. When we got that pick inside the 20 and only got a FG that hurt. You get a TD there you might have had them 20-0 before they got on the board. That crowd would have kept eating them up.

That game was the loudest overall. The playoff game in early 2010 vs. AZ was also pretty loud too. The baseball bat Reggie ran out with pretty much set that one off. Honorable mention was that 2018 pasting of Philly the “choppa style” game.

Another honorable mention the Saints vs. Rams in the 2000 playoffs when the punt got dropped. I wasn’t as close to the action then as I am now. I was a poor college student who was lucky to scrape up some change (which compared to now was change) to score season tickets in section 614 way back on the 2nd to last row. It was insanely loud from way up there.
Saints Rams 2000 was the only playoff game I attended, and yeah, that's the only one where my voice was completely gone by the end of it. I'll always remember the panicked "Oh, not like this" looks I exchanged with everyone in my section and the utter joy that quickly followed Milne's recovery.

That damn fake punt marked the beginning of the end of a great era.
Aside from the no-call and the reffing crew, Justin Hardee is my biggest goat/villain in the game. Everyone knew the Rams loved faking punts (they'd faked against us in the regular season) and down 13-0 is exactly when they'd try to give themselves a shot of energy. And he gets lost/turned around on a fake. But even then, Hekker's pass was completed short of the 1st down marker. Hardee had a chance to stop him a yard short if he makes the tackle. But nope, he whiffs. Rams get a field goal and it's 13-3 instead of potentially 16-0 or 20-0 (we would've gotten the ball in Lutz's range already).

Arnold should've caught the ball in the endzone on the 1st possession, but the Rams defender was committing illegal contact (not as bad as the one at the end, but still contact) and I'm way more forgiving of physical mistakes (our O-line got beat in the trenches that day, too) than mental ones and Hardee not being ready for the fake punt was a mental mistake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom