Relocating... (2 Viewers)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
For a number of reasons, mostly family, I have accepted a position with a company in Boston (I know, I know...and no, I will not become a Pats fan) and will be relocating there in mid-February.

Two of our four adult kids and their spouses live there and most importantly, our first grandchild....the first official Bleu Grand...was born there just three months ago. If there is anything I've learned through all of the trials of the past couple of years it is this: family is my most important priority. My wife will be able to provide care a couple of days a week, with the other grand mother picking up the slack so Lil' Bleu doesn't have to go to some odd or less personal daycare.

I'll certainly miss South Louisiana and know moving that far North is going to be quite a culture shock (we've visited quite a bit, so I have encountered some of the shock already). Of course we will return to visit from time to time because Bleu Daughters #1 & #2 are located here, in the South.

It's really a weird thing, but becoming more "real" each passing day as things get packed and job responsibilities with the current company wind down. Meeting movers, listing the house, etc. etc. etc

Last edited:
As someone who relocated (and has relocated a few times) it’s rough. I miss New Orleans like I missed San Diego before. It doesn’t get easier.

The good thing is now you are on to new adventures, and new memories. Those are exciting times.

Can you rent out your home?

I know people that relocated to Boston and really like the city. They complain about the winters (not only the cold but the days are really short) - but apart from that, I think it's a cool city.

And the adventuring you can do from there is pretty cool. I really want to do a summer trip from Providence up to Bar Harbor, Maine (Acadia Nat'l Park, etc.). LOBSTAH!

Tranferring to Boston won't make you a Pats fan. I survived a 3-year transfer to Texas and back. Once a Who Dat always a Who Dat.

My wife and I had a blast exploring a totally new environment. I'm sure you will too!

I had several Marine buddies from Ba-stin (Boston). They translated for me.

Frap: noun, similar to a milkshake. Useage, "Lez gow down ta tha co-na for a frap." (Let's go down to the corner for a milkshake).

"Adventures In Moving!" U-Haul tm

Last edited:
For some reason I started reading this.. and all the time thinking it was gonna be one of those Facebook things where you read all the way to the bottom and they say.. Surprise.. I was just seeing if you'd read the whole thing

For a number of reasons, mostly family, I have accepted a position with a company in Boston (I know, I know...and no, I will not become a Pats fan) and will be relocating there in mid-February.

Two of our four adult kids and their spouses live there and most importantly, our first grandchild....the first official Bleu Grand...was born there just three months ago. If there is anything I've learned through all of the trials of the past couple of years it is this: family is my most important priority. My wife will be able to provide care a couple of days a week, with the other grand mother picking up the slack so Lil' Bleu doesn't have to go to some odd or less personal daycare.

I'll certainly miss South Louisiana and know moving that for North is going to be quite a culture shock (we've visited quite a bit, so I have encountered some of the shock already). Of course we will return to visit from time to time because Bleu Daughters #1 & #2 are located here, in the South.

It's really a weird thing, but becoming more "real" each passing day as things get packed and job responsibilities with the current company wind down. Meeting movers, listing the house, etc. etc. etc

Well that sucks for your lunch bunch brothers. We are going to miss you! However, I understand that Family comes first, and I cannot say that I blame you one bit. Congrats on the move! :9:

Good for you. Go there and enjoy being a grandfather. You can always come back and visit.

Well that sucks for your lunch bunch brothers. We are going to miss you! However, I understand that Family comes first, and I cannot say that I blame you one bit. Congrats on the move! :9:

Speaking of which...next Friday Andrus?

nice! congrats!

i know we talked about it a bit, but it is a great city (for the northeast, really, the east). i am stuck in charlotte a few months, after supposed to be working there off and on for a month. i love the city.

edit- for months after second week of may.

Tranferring to Boston won't make you a Pats fan. I survived a 3-year transfer to Texas and back. Once a Who Dat always a Who Dat.

My wife and I had a blast exploring a totally new environment. I'm sure you will too!

I had several Marine buddies from Ba-stin (Boston). They translated for me.

Frap: noun, similar to a milkshake. Useage, "Lez gow down ta tha co-na for a frap." (Let's go down to the corner for a milkshake).

"Adventures In Moving!" U-Haul tm
there are, probably, more fans in houston, and beyond texas, who are cowboys fans first and foremost.

living in college station as a saints fan, i loved wearing anything saints when possible.

i’m also doing it now for charlotte and atlanta airports. sometimes, i betray my fellow brethren, but for a good cause, wear my 28-3 shirt in atlanta. they mostly ignore saints fans, but holy sheet do they mutter when walking past. i’ve been called a cheater and all kinds of whatever.

best thing is that, i rarely, rarely, ever see atlanta anything fans there. it gets worse the more they suck. one of the perks of having to travel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom