Relocating... (1 Viewer)

Works for me! :9:
Deano's on Bertrand? I can go for a Cajun Executioner! :9:

I'm in! See you there next Friday. Send out the email! ;)

@Andrus I tried to send out the email, but not sure it worked.

I know people that relocated to Boston and really like the city. They complain about the winters (not only the cold but the days are really short) - but apart from that, I think it's a cool city.

And the adventuring you can do from there is pretty cool. I really want to do a summer trip from Providence up to Bar Harbor, Maine (Acadia Nat'l Park, etc.). LOBSTAH!
We used to feed lobster to prisoners, until they revolted...Providence is like Baton Rouge- skip it. Take in a Sox game and pass by Gillette..
Newport
Salem
Plymouth
Cape Cod
Martha's Vineyard

... so I was at the hockey game tonight. There was this family sitting in front of us: husband, wife, baby girl (about a year old) , and - going by the resemblance - the parents of the wife.

For almost the entire game, the grandfather was holding the baby girl, and the baby girl kept on pulling her grandfather's glasses off his face. And for the entire game, the grandfather had this big grin, just holding the girl on his lap, albeit catching his glasses as the gril kept on pulling on them.

So I thought, "that's going to be @Bleu Raeder at the Bruins game really soon".

We know you went through a rough patch there (to put it mildly), but you now have the opportunity to enjoy your grandchild. I hope you don't wear glasses. :hihi:

Last edited:
nice! congrats!

i know we talked about it a bit, but it is a great city (for the northeast, really, the east). i am stuck in charlotte a few months, after supposed to be working there off and on for a month. i love the city.

edit- for months after second week of may.
blue, i will probably be back in boston sometime in the next few months. maybe we can get together. IT looking out for IT.

I know people that relocated to Boston and really like the city. They complain about the winters (not only the cold but the days are really short) - but apart from that, I think it's a cool city.

And the adventuring you can do from there is pretty cool. I really want to do a summer trip from Providence up to Bar Harbor, Maine (Acadia Nat'l Park, etc.). LOBSTAH!

i’ve been in boston for all “four” seasons, and yes, the snow sucks, but less than most states with snow. they are on top of that sheet clearing it out of the street.

We got to go to Boston a lot when we lived in the northeast. It is a very cool city; it's considered one of the unique cities of America like New Orleans, San Francisco, etc....not cookie cutter at all. It's hard to navigate until you're used to it, since the streets follow the paths of the roads from Colonial times. Do some walking tours, eat at Legal Seafood, soak in all the wonderful history in that part of the country. Boston is one of my favorite places to visit. For fun weekends, go out into the Berkshires or up to Vermont or NH and stay in one of the many great B&Bs. And definitely take a trip to the coast of Maine in the summer, and take detours inland through the little towns. Downeast Maine is one of the prettiest places I've ever been. Embrace your time up there with family and new adventures. Covered bridges, lighthouses, small iconic towns...it was a different world from New Orleans, and I loved every minute of our time we lived up that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom