Remaining cuts/restructure predictions.. (1 Viewer)

Smith, Harper, Vilma, Herring are cut

Have you lost your marbles? Please tell me equal or better replacements for those players for cheaper than we can keep them? I'm with you on herring? 2mil? He's gotta go! But Harper? He's gonna be a beast in this system were he can do what he's good at BLITZING the QB! Year before last he was top blitzing saftey in the league! You need to understand that last year was a fluke and can't really take stats or really anything at all from it! Spags was the worst DC we have had in a while! He never schemed to our players strengths and made them do things that they weren't good at!

Being loyal is one of the most respectable traits in professional sports

Quit trying to spin it negatively

Are the Patriots loyal? The Patriots are the most consistently successful team in football. They manage their roster based purely on production and reasonable pay grade for that production. Loyalty can hold a team back in many cases if production declines. This is especially true in the case of Vilma over the last two years. Smith and Harper are still reasonably productive mainly as run defenders, but they are incredibly overpaid. Both will take up significant dead cap space if cut, so I think they will remain with the team on adjusted contracts.

I frankly don't care about sack stats, because those are misleading. Yes, I know he slid inside on passing downs. I'm not mad because he's not aggressive. I'm frustrated because he's not at all productive, with whatever he's asked to do.

Productive? He was 9th in tackles among all defensive linemen and had more sacks than over half of the guys with more tackles than him

That's producing

Productive? He was 9th in tackles among all defensive linemen and had more sacks than over half of the guys with more tackles than him

That's producing
"Productive" is not a synonym for generating statistics. Using tackles to justify defensive play is absolutely pointless.

Are the Patriots loyal? The Patriots are the most consistently successful team in football. They manage their roster based purely on production and reasonable pay grade for that production. Loyalty can hold a team back in many cases if production declines. This is especially true in the case of Vilma over the last two years.

The patriots haven't won a championship in a decade...their success is largely based on talented vets and a weak division

"Productive" is not a synonym for generating statistics. Using tackles to justify defensive play is absolutely pointless.

What would you define as producing? I can name all the stats I want and you won't agree so how about his leadership? How about the immeasurables?

The patriots haven't won a championship in a decade...their success is largely based on talented vets and a weak division

O, so making it to AFC championships and super bowls every other year is not successful? Give me a break... I only wish the Saints could be that consistent.

We've also won a Super Bowl and made multiple NFC championships and playoff runs using our method

Once every 3-4 years? I am not saying our method is terrible, but we have made mistakes on significant defensive contracts for limited players.

Once every 3-4 years?

Running through the afc has been relatively easy since the balance of power shifted. The patriots are good...but so are we and we've won more Super Bowls than them since Payton came here

Running through the afc has been relatively easy since the balance of power shifted. The patriots are good...but so are we and we've won more Super Bowls than them since Payton came here

And the Patriots have played in 5 and won 3 with even more AFC championships. I would say their resume and method is one to duplicate.

There is no need for Drew to restructure. Just cut ties with some of the starters on defense(we all know the names) that is a liability to the team, after all we are talking about the worst defense in NFL history by a big margin. :jpshakehead:

I agree on the worst defense ever part but I mean look at the year before when we had a DC that would play to our players strengths? Last year was BS and should have an * next to all the stats! We lost our head coach at least two of our starters on defense were in limbo most all season! If that wouldn't rock the foundation of most all defenses I don't know what would!

And the Patriots have played in 5 and won 3 with even more AFC championships. I would say their resume and method is one to duplicate.

If their way works and our way works...what's it matter?

You have admittedly agreed that ours works...so why is this even an argument?

Vets help teams win. Our vets are extremely valuable to us. The patriots are also loyal to their veteran players that have played their careers in New England...role players lose their jobs...but not cornerstones

If their way works and our way works...what's it matter?

You have admittedly agreed that ours works...so why is this even an argument?

Vets help teams win. Our vets are extremely valuable to us. The patriots are also loyal to their veteran players that have played their careers in New England...role players lose their jobs...but not cornerstones
Not true at all. The Patriots are one of the most efficient teams in football. Their defense doesn't have a whole slew of frankly, overpaid bums playing huge roles for them and tying up their salary cap. Ours does. And that is the difference. Their strategy is more sustainable than ours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom