Remaining cuts/restructure predictions.. (1 Viewer)

Darkhorse985

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Predictions:
1. Will Smith signs a new more reasonable deal and remains a starter.
2. Roman Harper restructures and remains a starter.
3. Vilma is cut, because I don't think he will accept the fact that he will probably split time with Hawthorne at one of the ILB spots.
4. Will Herring Cut.

What are your predictions?

Smith restructures/renegotiates
Vilma restructures/renegotiates
Harper cut (I hope not)
Herring cut
Greer restructures

Smith a starter? I certainly hope not.

I was thinking the same thing for a while, but Smith makes a better 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE due to his size and solid play against the run. 3-4 DEs are not expected to be great pass rushers. There are no true reasonably price 3-4 DE upgrades on the FA market. I see Chris Canty as a good 3-4 DE signing on par with Smith if Smith doesn't accept a pay cut.

Drew restructures for the betterment of the team.
Just a hope and dream. But a man can hope right?

I was thinking the same thing for a while, but Smith makes a better 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE due to his size and solid play against the run. 3-4 DEs are not expected to be great pass rushers. There are no true reasonably price 3-4 DE upgrades on the FA market. I see Chris Canty as a good 3-4 DE signing on par with Smith if Smith doesn't accept a pay cut.

Please tell me where he is solid.vs the run?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Why are people saying Harper is going to be cut? Do you not realize we would save 1 million cutting him? That's it. And you'd have 6.5 in dead money. It just doesn't add up.

Drew restructures for the betterment of the team.
Just a hope and dream. But a man can hope right?

There is no need for Drew to restructure. Just cut ties with some of the starters on defense(we all know the names) that is a liability to the team, after all we are talking about the worst defense in NFL history by a big margin. :jpshakehead:

Smith, Vilma and Harper should be gone.

It really is time to break away from these guys. I'll be very disappointed if they are on the team next year, even at reduced pay. This team is in dire need of new blood/energy on defense.

What I want to happen:
Smith, Vilma, and Herring cut. Harper stays with this essentially his last chance, knowing that if he fails this season, he can be cut for a big savings then (unlike now).

What I'm afraid will happen:
Smith and Vilma restructure with a cut that is still not big enough to match their atrocious play, and still pushes some additional cap hit to the future. Nothing happens to Herring. Harper gets restructured pushing significant cap hit into the future.

Sorry, but after seeing our team commit so much money to so much defensive dead weight over the years, I don't have much faith. I'm a big fan of Loomis, but this stuff is getting old. Other teams have jettisoned less expensive and more productive defensive players this offseason. I'm disappointed the Saints haven't yet demonstrated the courage to do the same. It's particularly disappointing because the Saints have been so disciplined with so many other types of players. But when it comes to players who were once extremely productive for them but are now the antithesis, it's like they are totally incapable of coming to grips with that fact. Please, gentlemen, prove me wrong!

I'm still wondering how RR feels about Chris Chamberlain. He would be easy to cut without much dead money if he doesn't see a fit. Would only be about $1m in cap space though. He is very versatile, however with the switch to the 34 he might not fit in RR eyes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom