Remaining FA CBs (1 Viewer)

It's no secret the Saints would like to add another CB. I found a list of remaining FA CBs and was wondering who you guys would like to see the Saints take a look at.

If I missed anyone please let me know and I will add them. Or if someone has signed somewhere I will remove them. Thanks.

Antoine Winfield
Quentin Jammer
Mike Jenkins
Shawntae Spencer
Sheldon Brown
Terrence McGee
Sam Shields/Green Bay Packers (RFA)
Drew Coleman
Rashean Mathis
Cedric Griffin
Nate Clements
Stanford Routt
Will Allen
Marcus Trufant
Chris Carr
Joselio Hanson
Ryan Mouton
A.J. Jefferson/Minnesota Vikings (RFA)
Jacob Lacey
Elbert Mack
Michael Coe
Justin Tryon
Brandon McDonald
Tramaine Brock/San Francisco 49ers (RFA)
Michael Adams
Bruce Johnson
Travis Daniels
William Middleton
Bryan McCann
Brian Witherspoon
Pat Lee
Chris Maragos
Brandon King
Nate Ness

These are my choices but i would really like to get Marcus trufant

Mack was great in Spags zone scheme but he's a poor fit in our new defense. I'm kind of dissapointed for him that some zone team hasn't picked him up yet. Guess he'll have to wait until after the draft.

Does anyone foresee us signing one of these guys (no matter which one)? Or do we just stand pat and draft one? Or both, maybe?

I think with as hard as we pushed for Nnamdi we must have a plan B in place in case we missed out. I would like to know what plan B is :scratch:

Does anyone foresee us signing one of these guys (no matter which one)? Or do we just stand pat and draft one? Or both, maybe?

I think with as hard as we pushed for Nnamdi we must have a plan B in place in case we missed out. I would like to know what plan B is :scratch:

I think plan B was Tracy Porter. I would expect we sign one veteran on a one year deal near league minimum just for depth and also add one or two through the draft and UDFAs.

I really don't think we pushed that hard. We made him an offer that he sat on for a long time...that is about it.

I am honestly good with where we are at CB right now. Lewis instantly makes the unit much better. Greer and Robinson round out a pretty decent top 3. I think Aso was on of those players that would be nice to have, worth going after, but not necessary.

mike jenkins at one time was a pro bowl man press corner for the cowboys, wonder if rob ryan could bring him in and return him to that.
I think Rob would have had him in for a look a while ago if that was the case..
He struggled with shoulder injuries over the past few seasons..

I think scheme means everything for a Cb, I think they need to make sure whoever it is, can play press well and run and cover. I like this , because in the NFL now, you do have 5 yards to knock the you know what out of the roddy whites and give our Dline and LBs time to sack the QB, but they need to be physical, I wonder if we get a Safety that can do that also in the draft?

I definitely wouldn't mind us taking a look at Marcus Trufant, but i have a feeling if we do bring in another veteran, it'll be someone further down the list. So I'm thinking Mack will be back at some point.

I wouldnt mind bringing in Mike Jenkins for a look. He is still young and knows Rob Ryan too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom