Remaining Schedule (1 Viewer)

The way I see it is this. The NFL Teams are no different than any other sports teams. It is all about the momentum. That is why I feel this week's game is so important. If we win this week I believe we can run the tables until the Giants game. That game will be our toughest during our run at the playoffs. It also will tell how far we will go in the playoffs for two reasons: 1) If we beat the Giants in N.Y. in the winter, it will give us confidence when or if we have to go to Chicago and play the Bears, 2) It could determine if we get a first round bye or at least homefield for the first round of the playoffs.

My prediction is if we win against Cincy we go 12-4 w/ a first round bye (w/ our only loss to either N.Y. or Dallas)

If we lose to Cincy we will go 10-6 and take the division.

Has anyone else noticed that we are getting teams at a very bad time the next few weeks. Tampa was fighting for their life. Pitsburgh had to win or there season was over (it's over anyway). Now, here comes the Bengals on a four game loosing streak, then the Falcons who will probally be on a three game loosing streak. This is going to be tough. Four games in a row with teams fighting for their seasons. I sure hope we start fighting for ours. I was praying the Bengals would win last sunday....this one really worries me now.

They're getting us at a bad time now also. We no longer have a 2 game cushion, no matter how unimpressive Carolina and Hotlanta have looked lately.

With the exception of the 49ers, I really wouldn't be surprised if we won or lost any of those games.

I agree. They are mostly up in the air.

We OUGHT to beat San Fran and Washington (going to a new QB in midstream).

If we stay healthy we are capable of winning any of them. If we put the ball on the ground, we can lose any of them as well.

Let's hiope they focus and Payton get's the best out of them from here out.

11-5 is very doable but 9-7 wouldn't surprise me either.

Gotta tighten up that D and get more takeaways. That could be the key to the season.

CIN- Loss
ATL- Loss
SF- Loss
DAL- Loss
WSH- WIN
NYG- WIN
CAR- WIN

9-7. SF is my big upset. I've watched them play throughout the year and they're a lot better than you might think. Nolan has done a great job taking chances by consistently blitzing with his D. They run a 3-4 D just like the Ravens and Steelers and we know what happend in those games although we definitely moved with ease against Pitt, Polamalu was out so the impact of that shouldn't be overlooked. No the 49ers don't have any big names on D, they just play hard and Nolan takes his chances. If you watch the 49ers play, they're very conservative on offense and aggressive on D. If their D comes to play, they can dominate, however it's been quite erratic thus far this season. Gore is a Pro-Bowl RB this year and the 49ers Oline is especially good at executing screen passes. Antonio Bryant has a lot of ability and will take advantage of McKenzie. Also, Vernon Davis who's been out for most of the year should be back in time for our game. All I'm saying is don't overlook this game and think it's a guaranteed win. I've noticed that I'm the only person that has an L next to SF. In terms of overall, I think we lose the division to Atlanta and enter the playoffs as a Wild Card and quite possibly play Atlanta yet again. Just what I'm thinking thus far...I know many will disagree!

All I want is for us to win 4 more games
and see what happen from there.

Who we beat to get them wins
makes no deference.

Yeah, it is time to stop talking about how we are catching these teams at a bad time. I would say that now, they are catching us at a bad time. We have dropped 2 out of the last 3. We need to get on a roll now. We have not played consistent since the bye. I want us to be on a serious roll when the playoffs start. If you watch every year, it is not the best team sometimes that advances but the hottest. I will say, if we are gonna lose lets lose now becuase very soon it is time to start the playoff run. I would like to see the Saints come out this week with a very nasty attitude and play like a team that is trying to prove something. Show everyone that we are not the team that dropped the last 2 out of 3. We are the team that went 6-1. We can't be worried about what other teams are going through, we need to right our own ship.

Two of the three Saints losses came because the Saints weren't able to stop longs run on the outside. DeShaun Foster at Carolina and Willie Parker (twice) at Pittsburgh scored key touchdowns that, in my opinion, lost those games for the Saints. If they are able to contain those kind of breakaway killer scores, then the Saints defense will be OK. Combined with an explosive offense, I don't see why the Saints cannot win all the games on the remaining schedule.

Ouch! I forgot that Fosters run was just like Parkers. If they were the same breakdown, it cannot be allowed to rear it's ugly head ever again. One time, you say they got lucky. Two times, " damn, maybe this is a little more than I thought". Three times, "Houston we have a problem".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom