Remeber we thought Eric Allen was our savior! (1 Viewer)

Dogpoundrus

DIE HARD SAINT FAN
Reaction score
All he did was get burned in our system if we do get Samuels they better make D@M sure he can play Man to Man 90% of the time,because if not it gonna be another long season

Samuel has played man-to-man in NE....

We also play Zone sometimes, in which NE runs the majority of the time as well.

If we do sign Samuel, I'm pretty sure that we have done our homework. This guy would be a investment.

95-97...there wasn't a single player that could have done too much...

But i see what you're saying.

All he did was get burned in our system if we do get Samuels they better make D@M sure he can play Man to Man 90% of the time,because if not it gonna be another long season

Fill me in here, I can't remember. I remembered Allen as a very fine CB and hated to see him go. I thought that was about money. ?

I do not recall anybody considering him as a saviour. But he was darned good even after we lost him (ugh! to Atlanta)

Somebody tell me.

ddd

Eric Allens worst days were when he was in New Orleans. He was a All-Pro in philly and then came to us and sucked. I don't think he ever played for Atlanta.

Eric Allens worst days were when he was in New Orleans. He was a All-Pro in philly and then came to us and sucked. I don't think he ever played for Atlanta.

After checking this out, I see you are right. Sorry.

I don't know where my mind got that from, and I try to be accurate when I post.

I'll be more careful in the future.

ddd

I think you may be thinking of Ashley "Burnt Toast" Ambrose.

He played for us for one year and was good as advertised when Ditka was coach, then he went to Atlanta to play with his buddy Ray Buchanan. He later came back to the Saints and set the example for future Saints DBs on how to get smoked.

Eric Allen played well for the Saints. He didn't set the world on fire (I think he was past his prime), but he was a solid DB.

Our problem during that time was offense, not defense.

I would take the defense from 95-99 over what we had last year...

I think you may be thinking of Ashley "Burnt Toast" Ambrose.

He played for us for one year and was good as advertised when Ditka was coach, then he went to Atlanta to play with his buddy Ray Buchanan. He later came back to the Saints and set the example for future Saints DBs on how to get smoked.

Eric Allen played well for the Saints. He didn't set the world on fire (I think he was past his prime), but he was a solid DB.

Our problem during that time was offense, not defense.

I would take the defense from 95-99 over what we had last year...

Whoa, did the lightbulb just come back on there!

Thanks for reminding me bout Ambrose.

I'm losing it, but maybe not as bad as I thought 5 minutes ago, LOL!

ddd

Eric Allen was the perfect example of how an ok cb can benefit from a great d-line and linebacking corps...and then make fools out of those who give him big money

Did we ever apply any pressure on QB's during those years? I think that this thread is a testament to how important it is for us to find some guys that can get to the QB in a hurry. Allen was an all-pro during his Philly years becuz they had a great pass rush. Ambrose was a decent DB BUT....again.......we had nobody....and so......he sucked here as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom