Remember 3 nozzle gas station pumps? (1 Viewer)

Now there is just one nozzle with buttons to select octane. Sometimes I think there is just one big tank underneath the gas station that has one type of gas that goes to all nozzles. And people that buy the more expensive gas are suckers.

I actually knew a small grocery store that did this exact thing back in the 90's.
There was only 2 tanks for the supply tanker to fill, and one of them was diesel. Yet, they sold 87, 89, 92:scratch:

I have a 2003 cobra that needs 93 octane. Anything less and my motor starts detonating. Ask me how I know? Because I got a "bad" tank of 93 and blew my motor at the track.

Now I'm blaming the single nozzle theory!

You blew a motor due to bad gas? Did you program out the knock sensor or something?
Or is Ford so cheap they don't have a knock sensor?

That is hilarious, and if that is the truth, I wouldn't tell people about it, lol.

And it's an engine btw. Motors are electric.

You blew a motor due to bad gas? Did you program out the knock sensor or something?
Or is Ford so cheap they don't have a knock sensor?

That is hilarious, and if that is the truth, I wouldn't tell people about it, lol.

And it's an engine btw. Motors are electric.

Considering it's a 93, it may not have knock sensors?

Considering it's a 93, it may not have knock sensors?

He said 2003, and I know which car he means very well. Its has a roots blower on top of a very strong built 4.6L. There are lots or examples of people pushing that engine upwards of 600 hp on the factory internals. My buddy has one that is always in my rearview mirror, lol.

The 93 was in reference to the gas octane level.

After some google work, it appears the 2003 didn't have a knock sensor due to blower whine interfering with them.
Ford engineering never ceases to amaze me. So excuse my rambling.

Last edited:
He said 2003, and I know which car he means very well. Its has a roots blower on top of a very strong built 4.6L. There are lots or examples of people pushing that engine upwards of 600 hp on the factory internals. My buddy has one that is always in my rearview mirror, lol.

The 93 was in reference to the gas octane level.

After some google work, it appears the 2003 didn't have a knock sensor due to blower whine interfering with them.
Ford engineering never ceases to amaze me. So excuse my rambling.

Haha, yeah I realized that afterward as well. Poor reading on my part. I love those cobras.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom