Remember Me--- a ploy? (1 Viewer)

Kicks

All-Pro
Reaction score
Why do y'all think we didn't get those 'Remember me' shots on Peyton? No sacks. He didn't even have to play opossum once! Was that all hype and a ploy by Williams to get them to game plan against a blitzkreig? Or was the Colts' O Line that good in their protection? OR????? Where the Saints being cautious about hitting the Golden Boy?

What are your thoughts?

I think Gregg was just trying to intimidate Manning. It was just posturing.

That was the biggest head game I think anyone has ever played..... :angryrazz:

He was just planting a seed in Manning's head. It's hard to hit Manning, but he did see what we did against Warner and Favre so he knew that if we did get the chance we'd light him up. So it just gave him something else to think about and in the meantime we just played some great defense against him and contained his passing attack.

Gregg Williams is a multi dimensional genius.

He got into Manning's head, made him rush a few throws, made his pre snap checks assume full blitz, and most importanly of all he prepared his players thoroughly with loads of different looks through film study.

And in the end, thanks to that great defensive preparation, Porter reads the route and play perfectly and gets the pick six to win the Super Bowl. If there has ever been a better endorsement of the phrase 'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail' I'd love to see it.

There were some remember me hits, but they were on WR's. You know, the guys that were dropping balls and not running route fully.

I knew it was a smokescreen from day one. Not surprising really. Still got some decent pressure on occasion.

Gregg Williams is a multi dimensional genius.

He got into Manning's head, made him rush a few throws, made his pre snap checks assume full blitz, and most importanly of all he prepared his players thoroughly with loads of different looks through film study.

And in the end, thanks to that great defensive preparation, Porter reads the route and play perfectly and gets the pick six to win the Super Bowl. If there has ever been a better endorsement of the phrase 'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail' I'd love to see it.

Great point. Let me also point out - zero roughing the passer penalties despite all the talk. Manning was hurried quite a few times but the Saints D was smart and avoided costly penalties. But Williams clearly had Manning waiting to get hit - hard. In the end it wasn't pressure but it was a well prepared secondary just waiting for Manning to make that one crucial mistake.......

I also want to point out the class of our guys. On this pick 6 return Will Smith had the shot to lay out manning proper but all he did was give him a little push to get him out of the way.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

They had the Freeney Grade 3 sprain. We had the 3g "remember me" hits. Misinformation is a powerful weapon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom