Remember the 2018 Tampa loss? (1 Viewer)

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
Our defense actually looked better than last season's opening loss to Tampa and this was much better competition.
Just remember who you were playing, a very good playoff caliber team with excellent skilled players especially on offense.
Our defense is notorious for starting the season slow that's why we were 0-6 last six opening games. I'm proud of this team,
they overcame some serious adversity tonight. Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt when you have a Drew Brees as your QB. It's just
amazing how good the guy still is.

Our defense actually looked better than last season's opening loss to Tampa and this was much better competition.
Just remember who you were playing, a very good playoff caliber team with excellent skilled players especially on offense.
Our defense is notorious for starting the season slow that's why we were 0-6 last six opening games. I'm proud of this team,
they overcame some serious adversity tonight. Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt when you have a Drew Brees as your QB. It's just

Great post.

Some perspective.

And what a way to start the season.

We always seem to struggle against the mobile quarterbacks. Watson was no exception. He kept us from being able to double down and we relied on a lot of man to man.

Man he has a cannon and he was throwing dimes tonight. He made some unbelievable 3rd down conversions and deep throws.

We won’t see that every week.

Defense will be just fine ;)

We always seem to struggle against the mobile quarterbacks. Watson was no exception. He kept us from being able to double down and we relied on a lot of man to man.
What I don't understand is how we always seem to stuff Cam Newton but we do let other mobile QB's abuse us.

We struggled against young Cam. The older version seems to be easily figured out by the familiarity of the teams. Not to mention, cam Jordan has their O-line’s number.

I'll admit I was pretty PO'd at Brees after that INT and tearing my hair out after the D gave up that last TD. But you make all good points, and I think it was a GREAT win. I ain't complaining about anything right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom