Remember the year we signed Spiller, Byrd, Browner and extended Galette? (1 Viewer)

We extended Gallette and signed Byrd in 2014.
We signed Spiller and Browner in 2015.

For the sake of accuracy.

Well this year we let an ascending player with great chemistry with the secondary in Bell walk in favor of a guy on the downside who immediately causes locker room strife with an overreaction in Jenkins.

Then we inexplicably overpay an oft injured guard to a huge contract in Peat.

And then this years CJ Spiller award goes to Emmanuel sanders who apparently can’t learn the offense.

Ugly parallels to that team.

Sanders was traded mid season to the 49ers and excelled. You think it's because he can't learn the offense?

Well this year we let an ascending player with great chemistry with the secondary in Bell walk in favor of a guy on the downside who immediately causes locker room strife with an overreaction in Jenkins.

Then we inexplicably overpay an oft injured guard to a huge contract in Peat.

And then this years CJ Spiller award goes to Emmanuel sanders who apparently can’t learn the offense.

Ugly parallels to that team.
Bell wanted to go home to cincy so it was cincy or nothing if the price was right. I agree this is turning out as a repeat of the 2014 season. Remember the Cleveland game where we gave them the game. That looked like last night's game.

Remember when everyone was calling Cook a FA bust last year? Lets give Sanders some time. No one should expect 100 yard games but he can still be a solid #2.

With Jenkins outspokeness and history here we are probably going to see a lot of back and forth on these boards every game. He had a bad game. Lets let go of the off-field stuff and just see if he can bounce back. If eventually he does not we have other options. This is nowhere near a Byrd situation. The comparison lacks any merit. Unlike Byrd he is on the field, we have depth behind him, and he didnt sign a crippling contract.
Jenkins will us more positive than negative plays. plus he is a great defensive leader. Philadelphia wants him back yesterday.

Sanders was traded mid season to the 49ers and excelled. You think it's because he can't learn the offense?
Not so much that he can't, but that our offense is clearly very complex. I mean...we give Brees 2 calls and he chooses which one based on how the defense lines up. That's a lot of terminology, to say nothing of which groupings we have to work with.

It's super, super early for him and, again, no preseason to identify problem areas via live game action. I predict by midseason, it'll look like he was always here.

Not so much that he can't, but that our offense is clearly very complex. I mean...we give Brees 2 calls and he chooses which one based on how the defense lines up. That's a lot of terminology, to say nothing of which groupings we have to work with.

It's super, super early for him and, again, no preseason to identify problem areas via live game action. I predict by midseason, it'll look like he was always here.

So every receiver we get to come in FA and trade all have the same problem? Come on man.

.............manny sanders may not have done well at wide receiver, but he sure danced his tail off at pregame.

I would appreciate it if we as a fan base could overreact more to one loss and two games.

This very well could be an overreaction. I remember feeling similarly that the season was doomed last year after we were dominated by the Rams and Brees went down.

I do think the D will likely turn around. This is not a new thing for them. What concerns me is that it's always the same things and they tend to strike at the worst times - the playoffs...

The real concern is Brees. I don't like his play, vacant death stare and comments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom