remember when...saints memories (1 Viewer)

I remember the game that first turned my eye toward the Saints......a 41-6 trouncing of the Colts back in 1989. That night I saw 2 things......a massively punishing defense.....and the coolest uniforms in the world....;0)

something how new uniform threads pop up every season.......

all the long runs by deuce that was nullified by gandy or riley penalties.

just think of the yards he would have had if those were counted.

the bum phillips trade of a young george rogers, for a worn out earl campbell

..remember when Bobby Hebert faked an injury, sat out the next play. Mike Buck comes in and takes a flea flicker and throws a bomb of like 70+ yards. Buck had a gun!!!

remember when Kyle Turley ripped off the helmet off a Jet player and cost us the game and blow our playoffs hope for that 15 yard penalty (+10 for the down)

Remember When Reggi Ran Over The Bucs For His 1st Nfl Td :d

RW said that he knew one way or another, the play would be on the ESPN highlights. That gave him a little more motivation. :rofl:

one of my fav plays of all time!!!keep em coming,,,,,,rem arron brooks 1st start vs the defending champ rams,we were 13 point underdogs,i remember brooks being quoted as saying"get your popcorn ready!"ill never forget that game.

Yep, showing my age, but remember this

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bCmREK-GsAg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bCmREK-GsAg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

remember the games at tulane stadium, how loud it got for being an open air stadium.

Remember when the Saints welcomed Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson to the NFL on opening day in 1989 in the Superdome with a 28-0 shutout of the Cowboys?

Remember when Jake Delhomme came into a game against the cowboys and threw the winning touchdown against "Neon" Deion. then we turn around and let him go to the panthers

Last edited:
That Dallas game was Christmas, 1999. Jake left the Saints in 2003. Where were you for those years?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom