remember when...saints memories (1 Viewer)

lol.. I remember all the craziness back when Kilmer out-dueled Jim Hart (St. Louis Cardinals) in a defensive struggle: 51-42.

Still the most points in Saints History for both teams combined.

93 - New Orleans 51 at St. Louis 42; 11/2/69

Fun game to watch. ;)

I remember New Years Eve 1990. Monday Night Football vs the Los Angeles Rams in the Superdome. If the Saints win they go to the playoffs. If they lose, they are out. The Saints jumped out to a 17-3 lead but the Rams came back to tie. Then in the final seconds of the game Morten Andersen came on to kick the winning field goal, which was blocked. BUT there was a flag on the play. The Rams were offside. Morten got another chance and nailed it. The Saints go on to Chicago and get beat by Mike Ditka's Bears. This season had to be Jim Mora's finest coaching job with the Saints. The Saints beat the 49ers in Candlestick that year as the 49ers went 14-2. Mora guided the Saints to the playoffs for the second time in team history. He did all of that with John Fourcade and Steve Walsh as quarterbacks!! That defense was the reason the Saints went 8-8 and got into the playoffs. I just loved the Dome Patrol!!!

Remember when Bum Philips traded Archie Manning for Leon Gray?

That damn Ferragamo drive in the season finale in 83, and the inswinging kick that just crept in to curse us.
Worse moment ever - felt like a punch in the stomach.

I remember when Jerry Rice dropped the ball on the 1-yard line and it bounced through the endzone and they still gave the niners the TD instead of Saints ball on the 20. I also remember seeing it again on "You make the call".

I didn't remember that until you brought it up. THANKS A LOT!! :en-colere:

I remember when the Saints beat the 9ers in the early 90's in the Dome. At halftime, there was a fireworks display, and early in the 3rd quarter, the gondola caught fire, sending a flaming ball of debris to the turf below. The game was stopped for a few minutes until a sideline assistant doused the flame with a bucket of Gatorade.

Fred McAfee was our running back at the time.

I remember when John fourcade led the Saints into Buffalo and beat the Bills during a huge snow storm.

:bandg:

Remember Colston's first career TD against the Browns. The beginning of the greatness.

Remember Colston's first career TD against the Browns. The beginning of the greatness.

I remember watching that game waiting start work and thinking, "WOW, maybe we have a team this year!"

Anyway, remember Mora's coulda, woulda, shoulda speech and then ripping off 9 straight victories?

I remember in 2002 when we beat the 49ers 35-27. We scored 22 points in the 4th quarter, and we were down most of the game. We just exploded out of nowhere. I really liked it because it was what usually the 49ers did to us.

Hey, remember when he had one of best plays in NFL history and Carney missed the EP and we lost? Yeah, I remember.

1988 Ironhead's 73 yard romp, over & through a bunch of Raiders (pretty sure it was raiders, drank a lot back then.:)

Kinda slow,thought it would be fun to post memories of our beloved saints,some good some not so good.........Here ill start,remember when...Ditka got hired as our new head coach and savior,and brought in heath shuler.........next!
My room mate and I at the time danced around like school girls chanting We got DITKA!! We got DITKA!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom