Remember when the offensive line was supposed to be bad? (1 Viewer)

We are 29th in rushing yards per game. Run blocking is still an issue. This line isn't anywhere near the 2009-2011 level.

Our pass protection success is much more Drew and Sean than the line.

All that aside it's been a lot better with Peat on the left side. He's much better at LG/LT and has filled in very well for Armstead.

In preseason before we had Jahri... Armstead was out... Strief was out... Peat was bouncing between RG and RT, Lelito was playing a lot and really looked to have regressed. All of that was a disaster. The OL was horrible at that time.

I really think the limited number of training camp snaps has hurt our team more than others for one reason or another. That's been the reason for our slow starts the past few seasons.

We are 28th in rushing attempts so yards are not a very accurate way of looking at it. Ingram runs very hard in the first few drives then Payton shuts it down. It's not because of blocking it's because nobody can stop our passing attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are 29th in rushing yards per game. Run blocking is still an issue. This line isn't anywhere near the 2009-2011 level.

Our pass protection success is much more Drew and Sean than the line.

All that aside it's been a lot better with Peat on the left side. He's much better at LG/LT and has filled in very well for Armstead.

In preseason before we had Jahri... Armstead was out... Strief was out... Peat was bouncing between RG and RT, Lelito was playing a lot and really looked to have regressed. All of that was a disaster. The OL was horrible at that time.

I really think the limited number of training camp snaps has hurt our team more than others for one reason or another. That's been the reason for our slow starts the past few seasons.

I also thought getting Jahri back was a big key. He already knew the O, but he seemed to be healthier n in much better shape than last year.

But I think Peats play on the left has been the biggest surprise for us on the O line. The big guy has shown good quickness and can move in space.

I really hope we can get both Peat n TA playin together on the left side soon!!!

We are 28th in rushing attempts so yards are not a very accurate way of looking at it. Ingram runs very hard in the first few drives then Payton shuts it down. It's not because of blocking it's because nobody can stop our passing attack

Sorry, no.

We are 28th in attempts because we are 26th in average yards per attempt.

Couldn't tell you how many people said Brees would get killed and put on IR by our awful offensive line and our idiot coach that didn't draft a guard.

Now all quiet on the western front from those types. Our run blocking is the next concern, true. But it's a world different as an issue.

Main thing is our WRs are better than anything we've ever had. Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Lewis, Coleman (yes, him too), and maybe Jake Lampman might see some action? Then Fleener is finding his place in the offense. Josh Hill had a lowkey awesome game.

I like Daniel Lasco's potential. Mark Ingram isn't useless in the pass game anymore, quite the opposite.

This passing game could shape up to be better than 2011.

I also thought getting Jahri back was a big key. He already knew the O, but he seemed to be healthier n in much better shape than last year.

But I think Peats play on the left has been the biggest surprise for us on the O line. The big guy has shown good quickness and can move in space.

I really hope we can get both Peat n TA playin together on the left side soon!!!

Why would you run when you are throwing the ball at will?

Sorry! Quoted wrong guy!

Why would you run when you are throwing the ball at will?

Sorry! Quoted wrong guy!

To control the Game keep the ball outta the other teams hands sets up Playaction

Gotta give it up for the two main-stays......Jhari and Strief.

The two vets are so smart, know the system so well, and have played just about every snap.

If the defense wpuld ever allow us to build a late lead you would likely see more running attempts and a chance to wear teams down. The fact that we can't seem to slow anyone down in second halves is partly why we are slinging it around so much.

You will see more attempts when the D slows teams down more.

Hopefully that begins this week as we start to get healthier on that side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom