6-2 after 9 weeks, 7-2 after 10, and then:

Nov 17 @Atlanta Lost 17-24
Nov 24 Cleveland Lost 15-24
Dec 1 Tampa Bay Won 23-20
Dec 8 @Baltimore Won 37-25
Dec 15 Minnesota Lost 31-32
Dec 22 @Cincinnati Lost 13-20
Dec 29 Carolina Lost 6-10

Is anyone at all hesitant to put their full faith into going deep into the playoffs due to historical collapses like this one?

While I'm being cautious and not willing to say Superbowl just yet, I don't expect such a drop-off for one reason: Aaron Brooks is not the QB anymore. Drew Brees is a professional leader whose spirit can carry this team if need be. AB had none of the intangibles needed to take a team the full season. I sleep easier nowadays that there is some legit stability at quarterback.

By the way - sorry if I opened up some old wounds...

Two words: Sean Payton.

'nuff said.

This ain't your daddy's Saints.

If you haven't seen that yet then you're not watching the games.

not flaming, just stating a fact.

That 2 pts conversion against the Vikes is still haunting us. I also thought the losses to the Browns and Panthers at home were appauling!!!

Two words: Sean Payton.

'nuff said.

This ain't your daddy's Saints.

If you haven't seen that yet then you're not watching the games.

not flaming, just stating a fact.

His daddy's Saints? In 2002 he would have been 16, I think that's more than old enough to remember the games. Sheesh.

Man our D was terrible back then. Thank god for Gibbs now.

I just think it's a shame that the past transgressions of the Saints have disrupted the psyche of so many fans to the point where they cannot fully enjoy what is a successful season, thus far.
It's so bad that many Saints fans actually make every excuse as to why we're not that good this year....
"Yeah, we're 6-2 but our defense has a lot of holes and will be exposed next week"
"Yeah, we're 3-1 in the division, but Carolina is still the team to beat".
Just sad.
What's even worse, IMO, is how many Saints fans will make excuses for other bad teams, but if we were in the same boat, it would be the end of the world for sure. This week's game against Pitt is a great example....

"They are a really good 2-6 team, and this does not bode well for us". What???? Dude, they are 2-6 because they are bad right now. They turn the ball over, they get scored on often, their O-line isn't blocking well, their secondary gives up big plays, etc.... that's what bad teams do. If the Saints were doing the exact same thing as the Steelers, and had the 2-6 record, everyone would be talking about how terrible we are. Whatever.

I am sorry that many of you are going through this type of thing, instead of just relaxing and enjoying the season.

This isn't 2002. That team was living on borrowed time all year, with a defense that ranked in the low 20s and survived off turnovers, and an offense that finished an anomalous 19th in yards and third in points, again using the turnover differential.

Our numbers are much more consistent this year, seventh in yards gained and sixth in points, and 13th in yards and 10th in points, despite a slight turnover deficit and recent red zone defense problems. This year, we are what we are, no mirrors involved.

Don’t sleep on coaching. I think that more than anything will spell the difference in this entire season.

Did you notice that after half-time in the Tampa game, we actually came out in the third quarter with a change in the game plan!?!?!?!?!

I know, we haven’t seen it in years, but we actually having coaching going on at halftime...imagine that!

I don't live in the past. I know all too well about Saints history and all the dissapointing seasons that started off with so much promise.

This IS a different team. Different coach. Different starting QB. 2 outstanding draft picks that are producing well. A better D.

Superbowl? I can't think that far ahead even though, like the rest of you, I really see us being a mainstay powerhouse as long as this core stays intact for many years.

One game at a time.

His daddy's Saints? In 2002 he would have been 16, I think that's more than old enough to remember the games. Sheesh.

Hey Purple, ease up man. It's a catch phrase that I heard after the Monday night game and I love it. I meant no disrespect to the thread starter, it wasn't aimed at him and I thought I put the "not flaming" tag in there.

I guess a better version would be "This ain't the Same ole Saints" but that doesn't have the laughability factor you look for in a figure of speech.

Its an all-encompassing phrase that is meant for the young and old, it isn't intended to be taken literally, and I apologize if it came out that way. It implies the never-say-die attitude that this team hasn't had in a long time, that's all.

Last edited:
Hey Purple, ease up man. It's a catch phrase that I heard after the Monday night game and I love it. I meant no disrespect to the thread starter, it wasn't aimed at him and I thought I put the "not flaming" tag in there.

I guess a better version would be "This ain't the Same ole Saints" but that doesn't have the laughability factor you look for in a figure of speech.

Its an all-encompassing phrase that is meant for the young and old, it isn't intended to be taken literally, and I apologize if it came out that way. It implies the never-say-die attitude that this team hasn't had in a long time, that's all.

Alrighty then. No big deal. Hard to tell inflection over the internet, especially from someone you really havn't seen post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom