Reminders - images, insults, etc. (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed more .gifs, memes, one-liners, and insults lately.

Images can have their place, but should be used sparingly, should be relevant to the topic, and avoid the inflammatory memes. This isn't a smack board. Emphasis is on discussion, with people taking the time to express their own views in their own words, and linking to and discussing content that is relevant and informative.

Let's all make an effort to be less insulting. Different opinions add interest and are important in helping to hone our own views. We aren't all able to articulate things the same way, and our beliefs vary, but let's all try a little harder to be patient and considerate.

At the same time, the expectation remains in place that by participating here, you are agreeing to actually discuss your opinions - not just drop talkingpoints, one-liners, take shots at the 'other side' or other members here, and move on. If your primary interest is in being a persistently negative presence, circulating inflammatory political content in the form of faked or antagonistic images, misleading blog posts and email, and other such content, this isn't the right board for you. Share with us who and what you support, and why, and not just who and what you oppose from one discussion to the next.

Religion and politics are intertwined for many people, and we need to be respectful of opposing views along that spectrum (including non-religious). If religious/non-religious thought offends you to the point you can't keep it civil, or you don't think it adds to a discussion, focus on other comments that you do think have relevance. That said, because something is in a religious text isn't going to be a compelling reason for many other people when discussing policy. If you are looking for a comfortable place where your beliefs aren't challenged, this isn't going to be the right board for you; whatever it is that shapes your world view.

I know not everybody wants to aspire to this, but I don't think political differences should mean that we cannot try harder to get along. Let's tone down the rhetoric and insults, and put more effort into debating and discussing the issues.

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:9: You still got it. :D

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
This place is always miserable during the election season. Now with two contemptible candidates, it's going to be worse than ever.

OP
OP
DavidM

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Another reminder: I still want to see a decrease in the personal insults. We should be able to disagree without taking shots at one another. Longstanding, site-wide rule; this isn't a new expectation.

If you disagree with somebody else's opinion, explain why and give others a different view to consider.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Another reminder: I still want to see a decrease in the personal insults. We should be able to disagree without taking shots at one another. Longstanding, site-wide rule; this isn't a new expectation.

If you disagree with somebody else's opinion, explain why and give others a different view to consider.
You are a mountebank, because we are incompossible.

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score

Agree. This will be ongoing with the Trump camp using well okay both campaigns using childish insults . Perhaps you can forward it to both campaigns. Especially the Trump campaign.

MGC

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So, is the moniker "Crooked Hillary" still allowed?

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agree. This will be ongoing with the Trump camp using well okay both campaigns using childish insults . Perhaps you can forward it to both campaigns. Especially the Trump campaign.
I'd say this to any poster here. Just worry about yourself in this site.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom