Reminiscing from Archie to Drew (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The good news. Only 20 of 32 teams have won a Super Bowl, and the Saints are one of them. Thank you Drew.

I first attended a Saints’ game when Archie was QB playing in Tulane stadium. The Saints defeated Roman Gabriel and the Eagles on a fluke play. The Saints fumbled near the end zone, but the fumble bounced to Archie, and he ran it in for a TD.

Here’s the great progression I’ve personally witnessed:
1. 1979 - Archie Manning QBs the first non-losing season (8-8). We were glad to not be losers for the first time!
2. 1987 - Bobby Hebert QBs Saints first winning season (12-3) and first playoff appearance in strike-shortened season. We are legit!
3. 2000 - Aaron Brooks QBs first playoff win against Kurt Warner and the LA Rams. We are on our way!
4. 2009 - Drew Brees QBs Saints’ first Super Bowl win by defeating Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. Hell froze over!

I’ve seen it all, and I rejoice in the good times! There will be a QB that will lead us to our second Super Bowl win. It’s the next progression.

Keep the faith!

Good post. I definitely think some people that are going on about “legacy “ tend to forget that Archie is beloved even though he certainly had a tragic and cursed career with the Saints. Once the disappointment and shock of this loss wears off, people will start to remember what a great gift having Drew on our team was. Really, it was a lightning bolt from heaven for this franchise.

That said, I still think this team can be great next year. It depends on if the front office is up to the job or not. Nothing I’ve seen so far makes me believe they won’t be. ⚜️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom