Renditions of the National Anthem. The Pole. (1 Viewer)

Do you approve of different renditions of the National Anthem?

• Yes, I am a twnkled toed communist cork soaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I bleed red, white, blue, and have a phobia of change. Get off my lawn!!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I tolerate them, 1st Amendment and all

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Prior to the Canelo-Saunders fight, singer Angela Aguilar (who's from ranchera singing royalty in MX) sang the Mexican National Anthem. However, instead of singing it the way it should be, she decided to change it a bit, in that she sang it slower than it is supposed to be. Not only that, but apparently she got paid to do so. This has caused a stir in MX, as both arrangements to the N.A. and profiting from it are actually prohibited by law in MX. The government is mulling a fine and some sort of official reprimand for Aguilar's actions. The public opinion is siding with the government on this one. Me too.

So what do you think of N.A. renditions?

artists gonna art :shrug:

if changed too much, it's just a song

otoh, folks might remember it as a really bad or offensive n.a., a la roseanne barr

I don't generally care for them but it's ok provided it is sincerely being done with respect and I have heard some artists put their 'twist' on it and enjoyed it

B
I like it. :yes:

I thought Whitney Houston did the all time best anthem tho. She was born to sing. RIP
Best ever rendition of the United States national anthem, by a wide margin!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom