Rep Power discussion {mod edit} (1 Viewer)

Here is a post from Andrus regarding the rep meter. I hope everyone takes it to heart, it could be a great way to continue to grow and improve the quality of this board.

I am counting on people to be honest when giving out Rep points. I will be monitoring it to spot any pranksters going around giving people negative rep pts for kicks. Hopefully it works as intended, for the betterment of the community.

A word of advice: We are all here as Saints fans first and foremost. Just because someone may disagree with you does not mean that is a reason to give them a negative reputation. In fact, depending on the argument and manner in which it was presented, it could actually be a reason to give a positive reputation to someone. We are here to debate and celebrate the Saints after all, so disagreements will happen. Do not let them cloud your judgment. I think everyone should try and reserve the negative reputation for those who are clearly trolling on the board, those who use personal insults, etc...hopefully those people will not be here long though.

Rep points are only for people who give good post that 'that person" could relate or agree with. It also helps to give reps back to that person.

Here is a post from Andrus regarding the rep meter. I hope everyone takes it to heart, it could be a great way to continue to grow and improve the quality of this board.

I am counting on people to be honest when giving out Rep points. I will be monitoring it to spot any pranksters going around giving people negative rep pts for kicks. Hopefully it works as intended, for the betterment of the community.

A word of advice: We are all here as Saints fans first and foremost. Just because someone may disagree with you does not mean that is a reason to give them a negative reputation. In fact, depending on the argument and manner in which it was presented, it could actually be a reason to give a positive reputation to someone. We are here to debate and celebrate the Saints after all, so disagreements will happen. Do not let them cloud your judgment. I think everyone should try and reserve the negative reputation for those who are clearly trolling on the board, those who use personal insults, etc...hopefully those people will not be here long though.

This advice is dead on. Reputation power should not be traded, but given for posts that are deserving.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't like it Andrus. I also don't like the post totals being displayed either.

I just think that the rep stuff is going to end up being more trouble then the positive effect it will have on the boards. You can't really expect people to vote honestly and it will be an issue with people wanting to get a positive rep.

Also, so far I have liked the site. Great job by everyone that worked on it.

I'm not sure what exactly it does, but there is a box that you can uncheck in Edit Options in the User CP. It is called "Show My Reputation Level". It hides your reputation level, but I'm not sure if it keeps you from giving or receiving rep.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what exactly it does, but there is a box that you can uncheck in Edit Options in the User CP. It is called "Show My Reputation Level". It hides your reputation level, but I'm not sure if it keeps you from giving or receiving rep.

I can't find that anywhere in my edit options? :dunno:

It is in the first big box right at the top (titled "Login & Privacy") between "Use Invisible Mode" and "Allow vCard Download".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom