Report: 4,300 Seats Eliminated in Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Saints Season-Ticket Holders Affected (1 Viewer)

ktmoze

VIP Subscribing Member
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

superstar7th

Rookie
Reaction score
That's a tough spot to be in. The only tickets that usually come up as available after renewal season are the super expensive ones. Of course one bad season could change that, or one more season of Covid restrictions. But if you are going to wait them out, you might be waiting until 2022.
Yeah im hoping they give me an opt out. I don't mind paying more for better seats but to pay more than double for worse seats in same section is insane. And to commit for 10 years, in the words of Joey gladstone "cut it out"

Saintfan4life

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just received a call from the ticket office today offering me season tickets in the North End Zone club seats for $2320 a season plus a $500 deposit that would be applied to the last season of a 10 year contract. If i don't wish to sign a 10 contact the season tickets are almost $3000 for a season. My seats that were taken was in section 619 and they cost me $770 dollars last year. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and i don't know what to do be cause i can not afford the price increase.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
I just received a call from the ticket office today offering me season tickets in the North End Zone club seats for $2320 a season plus a $500 deposit that would be applied to the last season of a 10 year contract. If i don't wish to sign a 10 contact the season tickets are almost $3000 for a season. My seats that were taken was in section 619 and they cost me $770 dollars last year. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and i don't know what to do be cause i can not afford the price increase.
I definitely understand, I was in 609, row 11 before the renovation erased my seats. I was expecting this sort of call when it's my turn. At that price, it'll make the decision easier just to give them up. The one thing about the no fans with covid rules, you realize how easy and cheap it is to watch the game from home or friends. Although the tailgating is the best part of it.

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The north club is not a terrible deal.....if you are looking for a club. But not compared to what those folks were paying, WHOA. Boils down to if the Saints are worth a crap the next couple of years. If they tank, seats will open up.

Last edited:

sarrail

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I definitely understand, I was in 609, row 11 before the renovation erased my seats. I was expecting this sort of call when it's my turn. At that price, it'll make the decision easier just to give them up. The one thing about the no fans with covid rules, you realize how easy and cheap it is to watch the game from home or friends. Although the tailgating is the best part of it.
What were your seat numbers? I was in same section and row, seats 17-18 on the end. I'm kinda expecting the same thing when they call. It just ticks me off that people have been sitting in the same place for years, and you get to know everybody, then, this kinda stuff happens. I'm just waiting on them to see what they got to offer.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
What were your seat numbers? I was in same section and row, seats 17-18 on the end. I'm kinda expecting the same thing when they call. It just ticks me off that people have been sitting in the same place for years, and you get to know everybody, then, this kinda stuff happens. I'm just waiting on them to see what they got to offer.
Seats 5 and 6. Right above the tunnel railing. 609 has the 1st down routine down. The people around us have been there over 20 years. Just crazy.

Reaction score
Those field suites are going to have hard sight lines. Not worth the money. I really don’t understand why we have to be Dallas stadium. The Superdome was unique in its own way. Had its own distinct rumble on game day. Why change it? If it is not broken don’t fix it. Just my 2 cents.

Saintfan4life

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was Section 619 Row 8 seat 3

sarrail

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seats 5 and 6. Right above the tunnel railing. 609 has the 1st down routine down. The people around us have been there over 20 years. Just crazy.
You were on the other end from me. We all loved the 1st down routine. Great people all around. I also got a call from saints rep telling me about the north end zone club seats available for ONLY ~$2300 per seat. We paid a lot less for 2 seats where we were. Said will call back mid May after renewals come in and then see what's left.

Reaction score
I was in corner loge and loved it. The pic of the new club is lower level north end zone. From the pics I’ve seen, they eliminated the 200s in the corners and the first 5-6 rows of the corner 300s for concourse expansion and took out the first several rows of the north end zone for a new club. Some of the corner 300s remain higher up.

I’m curious how many rows in the lower end zone got removed. End zone seats are great up to about row 12 and then you end up under the over hang. It would suck to shell out club money for seats that can’t even view the Jumbotron.
Ugh.. that’s my concern. My corner 200 level club seats are gone. So I did north end zone because it felt like the only option!! Hopefully they aren’t too bad. This sucks!!

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So sorry to hear.

Reaction score
Checking in as another bummed season ticket holder who apparently lost my seats. Section 317, Row 9, Seats 5-6.

Frustratingly, no one at the Saints even reached out to inform me; I assumed since I had not been notified like others posted about over past couple months, that we were safe. I noticed yesterday that some people on this board posted about having received their season ticket renewals. So I checked my emails and Seatgeek account manager, but found no tickets to be renewed. I then emailed the Saints asking if I missed the renewal information, and this is the complete email response I received this morning: "Your seats have been removed due to renovations in the dome. We will call you sometime in May to help you relocate." Not even worth a phone call. Ugh, like many, my dad and I have been season ticket holders since 2005.

And I may have been biased, but I really felt like we had the best "bang for your buck" seats in the house. $1850/ticket: Loge corner w/club access; perfect vantage points to see all the plays develop but still feel pretty close to the action; tickets one section over in 316 cost like $800 more per season ticket. Just really bummed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom