Report: 4,300 Seats Eliminated in Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Saints Season-Ticket Holders Affected (1 Viewer)

It's terrible that this is happening. I do understand that we can't afford it, but I believe we can only get by with this for so long.
I love the Dome, and we're clearly use to it. But I dislike that season ticket holders have to be impacted because we can't build a new stadium.
With the addition of the suites, they are forcing us to move our seats away from the field, which will take some time to get use to.
You think season ticket holders won't be impacted by the construction of a new stadium?

What are the Cons of a new stadium for Season Ticket Holders besides a price increase??
Why do you feel that a price increase isn't a significant enough reason to affect season ticket holders?

There will never been a new stadium, folks. The closest you will ever see will be a hitting of the Superdome, which is actually two separate structures. There is the shell, that stands on its own. Then there is the stadium inside the shell that can be torn down and filled with whatever you wish.

You have a better chance of tearing down Wrigley Field and moving the Cubs to a new stadium in Joilet.

Got the call on Thursday from my ticket rep. We've had tickets since opening day 1967. Our four club corner seats are gone. My rep said that this particular issue was to satisfy putting more ADA compliant seats in, which was apparently a league requirment for the next Super Bowl. The rep was very apologetic, and it was a good conversation.

Assuming that's true, it seems a little churlish of me to complain as an able-bodied person.

He did say that they didn't have anything more to tell us yet, because they had no idea yet how many seats will be available after the period for renewals is complete (some time in March, IIRC).

At that point, people whose seats were taken would be given the opportunity to get replacement seats before they would allow any relocations, until anybody who had lost their seats but wanted to get replacements had been taken care of. He also said that the replacement seat opportunities would be done in order of account seniority, as has been typical for relocations and additional seats in the past.

Look, my friends and I that use these seats are terribly disappointed, but one has to put things in perspective. Under the circumstances, 50-year-old buildings need revitalization, and it just was randomly my turn. My experience as a 54-year (tracking back through my dad) season ticket holder is that I think they've almost always tried to do right by us, so I am going to be OK with this in the long run.

That's a lot more seats being done away with than what I anticipated. I don't think my seats are in danger, and I have not heard anything, but do we even know if there will be full capacity fans during the 2021 season?

Another year of "limited" capacity and no certainly of which games you might get and where those tickets might be could really shake up the season ticket holder base. I don't know how well I can take another pandemic year "fan experience" even remotely similar to 2020.

That's a lot more seats being done away with than what I anticipated. I don't think my seats are in danger, and I have not heard anything, but do we even know if there will be full capacity fans during the 2021 season?

Another year of "limited" capacity and no certainly of which games you might get and where those tickets might be could really shake up the season ticket holder base. I don't know how well I can take another pandemic year "fan experience" even remotely similar to 2020.

I think I dodged a bullet. I picked endzone over corner endzone 15 years ago when I was considering both. I'm hoping once we get to the point where most of the country is vaccinated, we'll be able to go full capacity.

This move is probably to squeeze in some more"luxury suites" so that companies and the wealthy have more perks to throw around. But in the end it seems regular fans are getting shafted. I'm guessing this, because I noticed the article doesn't seem to say why people are losing their seats.

Nothing is done unless it produces more money.

My problem now seems picayune. I have had seats in many different sections over the years. For the money, the best seats are upper box nearly anywhere, low terrace, and loge end zone. I have row 1 seats in the end zone upper box. Great value. But 2 years ago the Superdome erected large advertisement boxes that block my view of the back of the end zone below me. I complained. The Saints apologized and said I could relocate if I wanted to do so. It is what it is. If I gave up my seats, they would be taken immediately.

If they were to build a new stadium I would no longer keep my season tickets, right now I’m at the 50 on the home side in the terrace and I love my seats, you can easily see plays develop and the people around us are like family

I got the call yesterday. Disheartening. They couldn't promise me a seat only to say they are working on it. These are family tickets that I waited a lifetime to buy. The day we signed Drew Brees is the day I bought my tickets. They are shared by my entire family. I hope that I am able to continue to be in that number.
I am truly sorry to hear that. This is one of the reasons why I get P'Oed when I hear of people buying season tickets just to sell them. There are people like yourself who go to the games, and folks who are on the waiting list. If anyone needs to give up their seats, it's the folks that are constantly selling their seats.

This would be a disaster if we were coming off a Super Bowl win and Brees was a young 35. But considering the heartbreak of the last 4 seasons, Brees retiring and the Corona virus, I suspect they can accomodate 4,000 people needing to relocate. No way my new seats will be my old seats (corner 200s), but I'll be in there somewhere.

I just got a call from the Saints about my tix. He is emailing me something tomorrow about the new Poydras endzone club section.
Threw out the tidbit that they will be offering "multi-year" purchase plan options. 1, 3, 5 and 10 year where the annual price increase is fixed at 3%.
Costs would be the neighborhood of $2400-2800 per ticket depending on how may years you commit to and which row you are in.
Said that first year all you can drink beer, wine, soda and snacks would be included in pricing.
Said some renderings are forthcoming.
I asked about seat dimensions (I'm a bigger dude) and he didn't know. I asked about cupholders, and he didn't know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom