Report: 4,300 Seats Eliminated in Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Saints Season-Ticket Holders Affected (1 Viewer)

I was in corner loge and loved it. The pic of the new club is lower level north end zone. From the pics I’ve seen, they eliminated the 200s in the corners and the first 5-6 rows of the corner 300s for concourse expansion and took out the first several rows of the north end zone for a new club. Some of the corner 300s remain higher up.

I’m curious how many rows in the lower end zone got removed. End zone seats are great up to about row 12 and then you end up under the over hang. It would suck to shell out club money for seats that can’t even view the Jumbotron.
Ugh.. that’s my concern. My corner 200 level club seats are gone. So I did north end zone because it felt like the only option!! Hopefully they aren’t too bad. This sucks!!

I just received a call from the ticket office today offering me season tickets in the North End Zone club seats for $2320 a season plus a $500 deposit that would be applied to the last season of a 10 year contract. If i don't wish to sign a 10 contact the season tickets are almost $3000 for a season. My seats that were taken was in section 619 and they cost me $770 dollars last year. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and i don't know what to do be cause i can not afford the price increase.
So sorry to hear.

Checking in as another bummed season ticket holder who apparently lost my seats. Section 317, Row 9, Seats 5-6.

Frustratingly, no one at the Saints even reached out to inform me; I assumed since I had not been notified like others posted about over past couple months, that we were safe. I noticed yesterday that some people on this board posted about having received their season ticket renewals. So I checked my emails and Seatgeek account manager, but found no tickets to be renewed. I then emailed the Saints asking if I missed the renewal information, and this is the complete email response I received this morning: "Your seats have been removed due to renovations in the dome. We will call you sometime in May to help you relocate." Not even worth a phone call. Ugh, like many, my dad and I have been season ticket holders since 2005.

And I may have been biased, but I really felt like we had the best "bang for your buck" seats in the house. $1850/ticket: Loge corner w/club access; perfect vantage points to see all the plays develop but still feel pretty close to the action; tickets one section over in 316 cost like $800 more per season ticket. Just really bummed.

Is section 341 getting canned? I tried calling the Saints today and she said somebody would reach out to me. I kept my paid in full to roll over to this year...

Coincidentally, someone from the office called me and apologize for the team not reaching out to me when they should have. He made no promises about me getting a seat someone else or made an offer for the super expensive seats, but I did think it was touching the team reached out after the mishap.

Is section 341 getting canned? I tried calling the Saints today and she said somebody would reach out to me. I kept my paid in full to roll over to this year...
Apparently all 4 corners in 200s and 300s are getting axed to some degree to make way for "super vomitories", essentially just some areas that feel more "open air" from the concourse.

From my understanding, section 341 is likely gone unless your seats are relatively high row number. For reference, mine in row 9 section 317 are gone. So I know anything below row 10 plus all 217 are gone too. Same likely applies for 341.

It is hard to believe--or at least to accept--that the organization is asking season-ticket holders whose seats have been lost to sign a 10- year contract for new tickets. I have no intent of signing a long-term contract for tickets.

The team is coming off an unprecedented four-year run. That level of success ends this year. We simply will not have the depth and overall talent we have had. And the division is once again becoming highly competitive. Wait two or three years, and the selection of seats will look very different from how it looks today.

I’m still trying to make sense of all this. Why would you take out seats for standing room? A Supervomitory? Really? So we all have somewhere to puke when Winston throws an int?

The Dome Renovations were done to keep up with getting SuperBowls and becoming more up to date with the ADA. Sucks for the fans who are losing their seats, but it's about money long term and hosting major events.

The Dome Renovations were done to keep up with getting SuperBowls and becoming more up to date with the ADA. Sucks for the fans who are losing their seats, but it's about money long term and hosting major events.
Yeah. I figured Goodell would have a gun to the State and Saints heads on this one. He wants to make every stadium look like Dallas stadium.

You want the state to host big events? They have to upgrade the SuperDome to be modern.

They aren't going to host major events without modern amentias and upgrades.

It sucks that fans are losing out on their season tickets, but it's a fact that the dome needs to be upgraded in order to host these events.

The other option is having a completely new stadium built.

You want the state to host big events? They have to upgrade the SuperDome to be modern.

They aren't going to host major events without modern amentias and upgrades.

It sucks that fans are losing out on their season tickets, but it's a fact that the dome needs to be upgraded in order to host these events.

The other option is having a completely new stadium built.
How does adding field suites and knocking out seats make it more modern? Asking you for more money for a ticket? That makes it more modern?

It is hard to believe--or at least to accept--that the organization is asking season-ticket holders whose seats have been lost to sign a 10- year contract for new tickets. I have no intent of signing a long-term contract for tickets.

The team is coming off an unprecedented four-year run. That level of success ends this year. We simply will not have the depth and overall talent we have had. And the division is once again becoming highly competitive. Wait two or three years, and the selection of seats will look very different from how it looks today.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the 10 year agreement is one option. I believe there are also 1 and 3 year options. Of course those are also priced based on the length of the agreement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom