Report: Bonds failed steroids test in 2001 (1 Viewer)

Maybe you meant to reference his end in Boston were he went 40-39 over his last 4 years, and was presumed to be finished.

Yeah thanks, guess I should check facts before posting. I remembered something about the Jays but it was that his productivity really dropped after leaving there. But not really his ending in Boston but his start in NY as thats when the talk of his retiring was the highest.

Yeah thanks, guess I should check facts before posting. I remembered something about the Jays but it was that his productivity really dropped after leaving there. But not really his ending in Boston but his start in NY as thats when the talk of his retiring was the highest.

You should really check your facts. You have his career nearly entirely backwards. He was traded to Toronto after the 4 year stint of 40-39 in Boston. His production never dropped from Toronto forward, which is one reason so many suspect him of doping.
BTW, the allegations that Rocket took steroids actually begins AFTER he won the two more Cy Youngs in Toronto, not before, so unless something new comes to light his rebirth in Toronto can't be attributed to the juice.

Of course, what do I know? I'm still holding on to that antiquated American idea that one is innocent until proven guilty... :dunno:

Of course, what do I know? I'm still holding on to that antiquated American idea that one is innocent until proven guilty... :dunno:

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal condition and has never been anything but. The court of public opinion has always had it's own rules.

You should really check your facts. You have his career nearly entirely backwards. He was traded to Toronto after the 4 year stint of 40-39 in Boston. His production never dropped from Toronto forward, which is one reason so many suspect him of doping.

No I meant to say what I said. 40-39 was the worst stretch he had, but I mentioned his 27-18 record with an era in the high 4's those first 2 years in NY because it came off of his 2 successful Blue Jay years. It was then that he first began the retirement talk. It just really stuck out that his era was cut in half once he joined the NL. Pitching to the pitcher cant have that much effect?

Let's see...

• 21st century diet and nutrition? - Check

• World class training facilities and training routines? - Check

• Better coaching knowledge than players had 40+ years ago? - Check

• Hitter-friendly parks? - Check

• Better quality bats and hitter-friendly balls? - Check

These players should be ashamed of themselves. They have so many advantages over players like Ruth, Aaron and Maris, and without the steroids, they'd probably still be chasing many of those records. Sad, just sad.

of course in the Babe's day Bonds wouldnt have been allowed to play so thats an advantage for that era, though they also played fewer games.

though you are right about MLB gearing the parks, balls to generate home runs

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal condition and has never been anything but. The court of public opinion has always had it's own rules.

I believe this is one of the best responses I have ever read. And one of the most true. Good call.

i think curt schilling use roids too...

t1_schilling.jpg

He's sure got the body physique to show for it. Check out that six pack! :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom