Report: Brett Favre's Vikings had a bounty program too {non tos language in link} (1 Viewer)

Uh . . . Irish? smh

:hihi:

He is a former football player turned actor, not a freaking Hollywood script writer. Though the exaggerations that took place in the movie, it might as well have been the Irish.:hihi:

I love how this article spends like 5 paragraphs talking about the Vikings bounty program (which a players admits to), and then the final 13 is spent on
the Saints bounty program (which no player admits to).

Somebody page the ginger
Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

So, anyone actually think the league does anything about this revelation? I mean, there's a player admitting to what we were accused of and were HEAVILY punished for.

This league is a joke.

Still sloppy writing.

Much like the Vikings, Saints players operated a reward system for hurting and incapacitating opposing stars. “It wasn’t a bounty, where you name one guy and offer money for him,” said Hargrove. “It was incentives for good plays, hard hits, changing the game. We all put in, and maybe you could get $100, $200, $500. That’s what it was.”

Says we have the same bounty program as the Vikes, who paid to injure specific players, and then one line later quotes Hargrove who says we SPECIFICALLY DIDNT target players, and it was just for good plays, not injuries.

People are still buying Goodell's bull 4 years later that they will claim we were paying to injure people and as proof use a quote that says the exact opposite, and not even realize it. Because in their mind, any Saints player saying "we were paid for good hits, big plays, etc" is admitting to paying for injuries. They just stop listening at "we were paid..." and fill in the rest with "to injure brett favre" because thats the only narrative they know.

Ironic that the Vikings throwing rocks actually live in a "glass house" now when you look at their new stadium.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Vikings punter Chris Kluwe the biggest finger pointer around when the Saints were being investigated? Ironic isn't it?

Never forget that it was Jimmy Kennedy and Brad Childress who got the ball rolling on Bountygate. Kennedy told Childress at halftime that ''It was like they had a bounty on Favre'' or words to that effect. Then, it turned into a game of Gossip, where Kennedy's opinion morphed into an allegation. The Saints continue to suffer from the loss of draft picks and the only defensive coordinator who built a strong defense in the Sean Payton era. Of course, Gregg Williams had to be fired. But the subsequent seasons have produced a precipitous decline on the defensive side ever since.
Furthermore, it is difficult to believe that the Saints do not continue to be under extra scrutiny. Were all of Browner's penalties accurately assessed, for example? Do the Saints seem to get the short end of controversial penalty calls? Some--but not all-- of the paranoia and whining about penalties we see on the Gameday Board and the Super forum is justifiable in my view and is a residue of the Bounty nonsense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom