Report: Brett Favre's Vikings had a bounty program too {non tos language in link} (1 Viewer)

guys, read the rest of the article. it's not flattering. sure, it says the Vikings had a bounty system, but the entire article is about how the Saints were a disgusting band of mercenaries, and only through unmatched willpower and titanium rocks was the hero Brett freakin' Favre able to make it through the game alive.

and once again, facts are misstated to vilify the Saints.

Still sloppy writing.

Says we have the same bounty program as the Vikes, who paid to injure specific players, and then one line later quotes Hargrove who says we SPECIFICALLY DIDNT target players, and it was just for good plays, not injuries.

People are still buying Goodell's bull 4 years later that they will claim we were paying to injure people and as proof use a quote that says the exact opposite, and not even realize it. Because in their mind, any Saints player saying "we were paid for good hits, big plays, etc" is admitting to paying for injuries. They just stop listening at "we were paid..." and fill in the rest with "to injure brett favre" because thats the only narrative they know.
TACOGATE IN NEW ORLEANS

"Mr Hargrove, did you have tacoes for lunch?"

Hargrove replied, "No, I had the chicken and beef fajita plate."

"So, what came with the tacos you had for lunch?"

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You cant separate Bountygate from the 2011 NFL Lockout you might as well just blame Drew Brees and Scott Fujita. The GodDevil took the 2011 Lockout and got revenge on the leaders of the charge it was either us or the Colts (as Manning was all but number 2). Fujitas NFLPA position was the magnetic point of the revenge compass that firmly swung the needle to the Saints over the Colts.

You have to also remember that the Veteran Players were left out of the CBA negotiations which ultimately led to the concussion law suits which in turn led to the GodDevil pinning BountyGate on us.

The CBA is done and the concussion law suits are done...nobody is revisiting or re-punishing BountyGate. Its over and done with and the GodDevil has got what he wanted.

guys, read the rest of the article. it's not flattering. sure, it says the Vikings had a bounty system, but the entire article is about how the Saints were a disgusting band of mercenaries, and only through unmatched willpower and titanium rocks was the hero Brett freakin' Favre able to make it through the game alive.

I mean, its an excerpt from a book about Brett Favre. I doubt they would cast him as the villain.

I did and it definitely was sappy about Farve and his siblings being "horrified." But, we were going after him, just like they were going after Brees. It's what defenses do. That's what gets lost in the media soap opera. And if you rewatch it in context of today's rules, it looks worse, but most of it was within the rules. From what I remember there were a couple of shots on Favre that could have been called. And there was at least one on Brees that could have been called. An unbalanced spotlight was put on the Saints by the league and the media and the rest of the league were/are happy to believe. When the actual truth is we were more of a finesse team with one of the fewest personal foul penalties. :idunno:

Pffftt...who cares.

Super Bowl 44 champions - Your New Orleans Saints!

Never forget that it was Jimmy Kennedy and Brad Childress who got the ball rolling on Bountygate. Kennedy told Childress at halftime that ''It was like they had a bounty on Favre'' or words to that effect. Then, it turned into a game of Gossip, where Kennedy's opinion morphed into an allegation. The Saints continue to suffer from the loss of draft picks and the only defensive coordinator who built a strong defense in the Sean Payton era. Of course, Gregg Williams had to be fired. But the subsequent seasons have produced a precipitous decline on the defensive side ever since.
Furthermore, it is difficult to believe that the Saints do not continue to be under extra scrutiny. Were all of Browner's penalties accurately assessed, for example? Do the Saints seem to get the short end of controversial penalty calls? Some--but not all-- of the paranoia and whining about penalties we see on the Gameday Board and the Super forum is justifiable in my view and is a residue of the Bounty nonsense.
Williams was on the way out with or without bounty gate.

The Vikings were right—they were the better team. Faster, stronger, significantly more athletic. The Vikings won the possession and yardage battles—Peterson rushed for 122 yards and Minnesota gained 475 overall.

Never mind the fact that the Saints kept working with a shorter field because the Vikings kept turning the ball over. :jpshakehead:

Looks like PFT has now picked up on the story. I hope it gets traction, even if it doesn't matter in the end.

Artis Hicks: Vikings had a bounty program like the Saints
I went on a few Vikings' talk forums, and of course they all say it's just a money-grab to sell some books. Not surprised. I know these fans around the league can't be this stupid. All teams have prize pools. It's not even about the $, it's more or less entertainment. Like playing FF.

All I want his our draft picks back. What done is done. I don't need any apology. To think we got screwed over like this and this finally came out regarding other teams doing the very thing that the league accused us of doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom