Article Report: Cam Jordan extension puts Saints at $12M in cap space (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1560525635859.png

By John Sigler | Saintswire

The New Orleans Saints worked out an extension with defensive end Cameron Jordan earlier this week, and structured the salary cap accounting in a way that helps the team. Before the extension, Jordan’s salary cap hit was well over $14 million, one of the highest on the team.

Now, Field Yates of ESPN is reporting that Jordan’s extension lessened his salary cap number for the 2019 season, and bumped the Saints up to around $12 million or $12.5 million in spending room. The NFL Players Association public cap report, which has not updated since Jordan’s signing, still lists the Saints with about $7.2 million in space. So a little math suggests Jordan’s 2019 cap hit will sit around $9 million.

Full Story - Saintswire - USA Today

I hope these numbers are accurate as it may go a long way to extending MT13.

Odd. We usually walk into the season with about 8 million max in cap space.

Odd. We usually walk into the season with about 8 million max in cap space.

8 million was what we had before Jordan's new contract. Did Loomis work his magic by extending a contract and increase cap space at the same time?

Curious. The Field Yates tweet that the author linked to is not there any more. Maybe Yates jumped the gun. We'll see.

Last edited:
I hope Loomis can work his magic with MT13 sooner than later. I like to have guys like that locked down so I have less stress going into a season. I also pray that we keep Drew around for at least 2 more seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom