Report: Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Albert would be crazy expensive, but FYI...

Report: Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers

There may also be room for another left tackle to hit the market. The Chiefs franchised Branden Albert rather than let any other teams get a shot at signing him, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t willing to entertain offers to take him off their hands. Peter King of SI.com reports that the Chiefs will listen to any trade proposals made by others.

It would seem like a while before there’d be any movement on that front. The left tackle market is dwindling a bit, but teams still have options at free agent for tackles that would cost less than signing Albert for the long term is likely to cost. And that’s without giving up any compensation to Kansas City for the right to give Albert that contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-will-listen-to-branden-albert-trade-offers/

i like albert, but i think some team is going to get burnt in a trade. what is his franchise tag value?

It will cost too much to get him and too much to retain him

The Chiefs are already willing to part ways with Albert? And this is just a week or two removed from them cutting Winston?

So let's assume this trade happens. That leaves the Chiefs without BOTH of their tackles going into the draft. Not to mention, both of them were pretty solid players. Sure the speculation is that one of the two top OTs gets picked, but you need to fill TWO spots.

No wonder the chiefs have consistently underperformed.

Its because the Chiefs want to move him to RT & he won't do it. It probably tips their hand that the plan is to draft ole boy from A&M. If they do, they'll have a fight on their hands with Albert, so their best move is to trade him.

But that also means they're not sold on him @ LT, so I don't think we should be either.

Can Albert play LT? Seriously, can he?

He is an awesome LT, very under rated, heads and tails better than bushrod, looks like the chiefs will be drafting joeckel or fisher

He is an awesome LT, very under rated, heads and tails better than bushrod, looks like the chiefs will be drafting joeckel or fisher

I think he has had some injury concerns though and may have signed his franchise tag. So, it would require a huge contract along with draft or player compensation. Pass

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As @<a href="https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo">mikegarafolo</a> reported, Branden Albert notified the Chiefs today that he'll accept his franchise tender, and plans to sign it tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/313702630851485696">March 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom