Report: Eagles Will Release CB Nnamdi Asomugha (3 Viewers)

How would that even be possible?

hear me out. send harper, smith and ingram along with a 3rd in next years draft for revis. then sign ed reed or charles woodson. for our safety. and draft either keke mingo or jarvis jones in the first. with harper, smith and ingram on the move it might be a possibility to get both if the price is right.

hear me out. send harper, smith and ingram along with a 3rd in next years draft for revis. then sign ed reed or charles woodson. for our safety. and draft either keke mingo or jarvis jones in the first. with harper, smith and ingram on the move it might be a possibility to get both if the price is right.

Are you joking? The jets will take 3 players that many saints fans constantly bash and say are overrated/paid for Revis? It's OK though we are throwing in a 3rd rounder, in next years draft.

He has surely lost more than one step, and was burnt all year this past season. I'd give him the vet min, nothing more

according to your interest in available players, everyone is barely worth more than the vet minimum, or is too old, will never come back from injury, etc... you would build the crappiest team ever.

I think this would be much more realistic target for N.O. than Revis, plus it would re-unite him with Rob Ryan. If they're truly looking to spend top dollar on a CB, this would be the guy to go for, rather than forking over trade compensation + high dollars.

I think Asomuugha's days of getting top dollar died in Philly. That being said, it seems most people I've talked to; even Eagles fans, seem to feel he didn't fit their system.

I would venture to say that Asomugha's lack of production was due to a poor scheme fit in Philly, and lack of team chemistry (as in: I hate this locker room so much I'd rather eat lunch in my car!).
Asomugha is a natural fit in NOLA from a character standpoint (Payton's MO) and a scheme standpoint (Rob Ryan worked with him in Oakland). And CB's don't regress that much when they turn 30, they are not RB's!

perfect fit IMO

Wow, you just must not understand how defenses work, and what scheme he was playing in the past 2 seasons compared to when he was in Oakland. Vet min, really?
Oh yeah i suppose i'll hear all the talk about zone vs man D, press d and blalalah. Right? I only watched games (about 6 if i recall correctly) and with him playing mainly on man D he was getting burnt on a frequent basis. Based on that, i say yes, no more than the vet min 1. because he's old and declining 2. because we don't have cap space as it is.

Bring me solid data about him being misused and that he'll be such a shutdown corner because of a different scheme and because ryan is here and i'll be willing to listen.

Until then, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, and i'm not saying "whoever does want asomugha on the team must not understand **** about how defenses work", so you can shove your arrogance up your ***, thank you ever so much.

Oh yeah
2. Nnamdi Asomugha, Cornerback
This is another name that will surprise no one. Asomugha allowed a high 66.7% catch rate, a high 15.9 yards per catch, five touchdowns and had only one interception. He is paid like one of the best cornerbacks in the league, but is below average in all receiving categories outside of passes defended. He also has the redeeming quality that his 2.6 Run Stop Percentage is eighth-best among cornerbacks, but that only helps explain why he should make more than the minimum.
2012 Cap Hit: $11.0m2012 Performance Based Value: $1.9mValue Differential: -$9.9m
So perhaps you're right, maybe 1.5 mln instead than the vet min. Uh-huh.
according to your interest in available players, everyone is barely worth more than the vet minimum, or is too old, will never come back from injury, etc... you would build the crappiest team ever.
Like who? I'm curious, post link please

Bring the all in - Revis, Nnamdi, Reed.

vince-young-an-eagle-thumb-400xauto-22281.jpg

someone can link post, but albert breer tweeted that Philly doesnt plan to release him today.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
The speed with which the Eagles have refuted to every local and national reporter the @howardeskin report on Nnamdi is amazing.

Eagles are in fact denying it.

Are you joking? The jets will take 3 players that many saints fans constantly bash and say are overrated/paid for Revis? It's OK though we are throwing in a 3rd rounder, in next years draft.

all im saying it would be nice to get revis. not saying it would happen. id prefer nnamdi bc he excelled in RR system in oakland.

He was completely out of his element in Philly. I would give him a shot at a reasonable salary. He is not the premier CB he once was. However, at a reasonable salary, I would put him opposite Greer.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
And yes, while the date might wrong, the expectation continues to be Nnamdi will eventually be cut.

So the day is the only issue with the initial statement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom