Report: 'Everything Lining Up' for Broncos to Hire Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

We don't have to take this years 1st. If it is the Broncos my position would be a 1st in '24 and a 2nd round choice this year. That to me would be fair compensation and expectation that the Broncos won't be drafting in the top 10 next year.
I'm not so convinced the Broncos won't be picking in the top 10 next year. It's likely they'll improve significantly, but Russell Wilson left an awful impression this year.

I’d sacrifice picks in exchange for not having him in the division or even the NFC. Houston would be ideal but if it’s between Denver and Carolina I’ll take what we can get from Denver over Carolinas #9.

I just want this all over with, and SP being in the division makes this a twice a season storyline that will just keep getting rehashed. Get him to the AFC so we can all just move on.

After the Saints/Falcons for Watson scenario....ooooh the falcons are the fav.....then Cleveland swoops right in and says "hello*

If he ends up in Denver, the Saints should get their 1st this year (from SF) and an early 4th round pick (#108 overall)

... or maybe an early 3rd round pick instead (#68 or #69 overall, DEN owns both) if Mickey is REALLY convincing.

If he ends up in Denver, the Saints should get their 1st this year (from SF) and an early 4th round pick (#108 overall)

... or maybe an early 3rd round pick instead (#68 or #69 overall, DEN owns both) if Mickey is REALLY convincing.
That would be terrible compensation. But knowing ML, its the best we could hope for.

Wasn't it Sean that said reasonable compensation would be a mid-to-late 1st round pick... and Mickey agreed?
No, it’s been the other way around.

Loomis has been the one setting compensation parameters and informing any team who calls to inquire. If they are cool with it, Loomis gives them permission to talk to SP.

Can someone please let me know, were we ever given explicit reasons as to why Sean Payton left and was determined not to come back? I mean, I heard the burnout excuse and the not wanting to be a part of the rebuild with cap h-e-double hockey sticks. But was something ever VERIFIED as to exactly why he was never going to come back to New Orleans?

Can someone please let me know, were we ever given explicit reasons as to why Sean Payton left and was determined not to come back? I mean, I heard the burnout excuse and the not wanting to be a part of the rebuild with cap h-e-double hockey sticks. But was something ever VERIFIED as to exactly why he was never going to come back to New Orleans?
He’s been looking for a long time. At least since 2015.

As for explicit reasons? I think he’s a lot like Parcells. He looks around. He never found anything better than New Orleans and then he did, in fact, get burned out last year.

Now, he’s ready to come back. I don’t doubt that he would have entertained coming back among his options if we had an opening. But we don’t. And I suspect the organization is kinda over the constant “will he or won’t he.”

I guess it’s more about money because he would get owned in that division for the next 5-10 years.

I still see him going elsewhere and would be absolutely shocked if it was Denver

I guess it’s more about money because he would get owned in that division for the next 5-10 years.

I still see him going elsewhere and would be absolutely shocked if it was Denver
I think it’s more about getting the paycheck and chasing the records like 200 wins and getting higher on the all time win list.

No, it’s been the other way around.

Loomis has been the one setting compensation parameters and informing any team who calls to inquire. If they are cool with it, Loomis gives them permission to talk to SP.
I just checked a couple of articles... and it was Payton that mentioned "the mid-to-late 1st round pick" as the compensation. He did so in an interview on Monday night and I'm relatively sure that he had Mickey's approval to say that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom