Report: 'Everything Lining Up' for Broncos to Hire Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

These GMs use the pick point chart to determine value. Pick 14 is worth 1100 points. I'm guessing Loomis wants somewhere around that number. Pick 32 is worth 590 points so if that's what Denver is offering, they would almost need 2 of those to make the deal. An early 3rd round pick is worth like 250 points, so it would probably take another 250 points or so to get to the number. Next year picks are worth less since you don't know where they are so it would probably take at least their 1st and 3rd and next year's 2nd.
I think it’s fair to say their first round pick plus their two thirds will get the points needed. Don’t care about next year’s picks unless it’s a first.

It’s so bizarre that he’s dying to go anywhere but here. Texans, Broncos, even Carolina, he like, just get me the eff away from Nola. So much so, that he faked an injury and reneged on his contract. I can’t picture other long term coaches doing this, Mike Tomiln? Nope. Bill Belichick? Nope. Andy Reed ? Nope. To be perfectly honest, the way he went about this has ruined all of the goodwill he created for the Saints. Think about it, he made the Saints a place where players and coaches wanted to go. But, by his departure, is like him saying to the rest of the league, I was so wrong about that place! I’m not buying this wanna-be Parcels execuse

It’s so bizarre that he’s dying to go anywhere but here. Texans, Broncos, even Carolina, he like, just get me the eff away from Nola. So much so, that he faked an injury and reneged on his contract. I can’t picture other long term coaches doing this, Mike Tomiln? Nope. Bill Belichick? Nope. Andy Reed ? Nope. To be perfectly honest, the way he went about this has ruined all of the goodwill he created for the Saints. Think about it, he made the Saints a place where players and coaches wanted to go. But, by his departure, is like him saying to the rest of the league, I was so wrong about that place! I’m not buying this wanna-be Parcels execuse
We have a coach.

He made it clear through sources that he would be open to coming back. We didn’t reciprocate.

Faked an injury?

You can’t possibly believe that. At this point, I’m starting to think you’re part of Payton’s PR/marketing team.
You’re right. Rapaport, Florio and Duncan are all making the same thing up.

It’s all one big conspiracy.

I don't care where he goes but Denver is the only team with a QB that he probably feels like he can work with.

You’re right. Rapaport, Florio and Duncan are all making the same thing up.

It’s all one big conspiracy.

Let me get this straight. Loomis and Gayle love him so much that they’re willing to trade him for “fair” compensation but not enough to want him back as coach? Is that what I’m supposed to believe?

He quit on the organization. That’s all we know for sure. If he wanted to come back, I’m sure he knows Mickey’s number, and he would have announced it at any his many media appearances.

Let me get this straight. Loomis and Gayle love him so much that they’re willing to trade him for “fair” compensation but not enough to want him back as coach? Is that what I’m supposed to believe?

He quit on the organization. That’s all we know for sure. If he wanted to come back, I’m sure he knows Mickey’s number, and he would have announced it at any his many media appearances.
He would have announced it publicly when we still have a coach? A coach he hired and worked with for years?

Gotcha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom