Report: 'Everything Lining Up' for Broncos to Hire Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

They offered him a sabbatical and he declined. Not sure what this person is saying. He wants a bigger contract. It’s been said so many times. So hard to get everyone on this forum on the same page.
I read that the Saints offered Sean huge money right after he told them he was stepping down.

I also shared that Duncan stated the Saints didn’t want Sean back, now. I’m just saying I hope it’s not true, keeping DA over Sean is just beyond asinine to me.

Having said all that I’m not privy to what goes on behind closed doors so who knows.

They offered him a sabbatical and he declined. Not sure what this person is saying. He wants a bigger contract. It’s been said so many times. So hard to get everyone on this forum on the same page.
Because some people don’t believe all the reporters who are saying that Payton would be open to coming back to New Orleans.

Rapoport, Florio, Duncan and others are all wrong. They’re all making it up.

I read that the Saints offered Sean huge money. I also shared that Duncan stated the Saints didn’t want Sean back. I’m just saying I hope it’s not true, keeping DA over Sean is just beyond asinine to me.

Having said all that I’m not privy to what goes on behind closed doors so who knows.
We’re keeping DA because Payton quit and left. They offered him a sabbatical and he said no.

He’s letting it he know through the media that he’d be open to coming back. But the Saints aren’t reciprocating, for whatever reason.

We’re keeping DA because Payton quit and left. They offered him a sabbatical and he said no.

He’s letting it he know through the media that he’d be open to coming back. But the Saints aren’t reciprocating, for whatever reason.
Yes I originally shared that view from Duncan. I’m aware I’m just hopeful it’s untrue as it would make me very sad. Football wise.

Because some people don’t believe all the reporters who are saying that Payton would be open to coming back to New Orleans.

Rapoport, Florio, Duncan and others are all wrong. They’re all making it up.
I believe it I just don’t want to believe it. 😂

I believe it I just don’t want to believe it. 😂
Personally, I’m with you. I’d do whatever it would take to bring him back.

But whether the team is tired of the constant “is he or isn’t he” or if they just love DA or if they just think it would be a bad move to fire DA after one season…who knows?

Sean is demanding. He’s a diva. But he’s worth it. Unfortunately, it looks like he’ll be somewhere else.

Broncos 2023 1st/3rd and 2024 2nd. I’d like to see ML at least get a 1st this year and 2nd next year to cover the traded picks. A 1st this year and next year from the Broncos would work too.

If he’s getting word out through the media, as opposed to calling Loomis directly, then he’s not seriously considering coming back. My guess is that he would do that to drive his price up with other teams interested in him.

Serious question: can you think of a legitimate reason he would not have a direct private conversation with Loomis, and if he did and Loomis told him no, what’s the point of getting word out through the media? I just don’t see what his angle could be.

If he’s getting word out through the media, as opposed to calling Loomis directly, then he’s not seriously considering coming back. My guess is that he would do that to drive his price up with other teams interested in him.

Serious question: can you think of a legitimate reason he would not have a direct private conversation with Loomis, and if he did and Loomis told him no, what’s the point of getting word out through the media? I just don’t see what his angle could be.
How do you know that didn’t also happen?

I understand this, but in situations like this someone seems to always come out of no where.

A return to television would really be crap for us.
Agreed, I’ll be let down if he goes back and we get nada.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom