Report: Former LSU coach Les Miles was subject of sexual harassment probe in 2013 (1 Viewer)

Not good at all, and LSU may be in legal/financial trouble if victims want to sue.

School officials – coaches included – are also required to report to police if they witness or are told about possible sexual misconduct or dating violence occurring on campus.

Yet LSU ignored complaints against abusers, denied victims’ requests for protections and left them vulnerable to further harm by known perpetrators, USA TODAY’s reporting has found. LSU has also withheld records in abuse cases, including from one woman who had to file a lawsuit last year to get an unredacted copy of her own police report.

Its failings came even after a 2018 report by LSU’s lead Title IX investigator showed that top athletic department administrators were keeping sexual misconduct allegations in house in violation of both federal and school policies. A year before that, a Louisiana advocacy group for sexual trauma survivors told the university it had concerns with how the athletic department was handling sexual assault prevention efforts. LSU never responded.

I just want it on the record that i was calling for the head of Les Miles ALL THE WAY BACK IN 2012... “Oh, but what a great guy he is!”.. “What a great ambassador for LSU!”.. “What a fantastic human being!!!”.... not directed at yall, just the general sentiment coming out of the fanbase for the last 3 or 4 years of Miles’ tenure... Sickening.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone sends a daughter to college these days.

The Title IX report....
Naturally, everyone gravitates to the big name who was just creepy while the stuff about the raped and assaults gets glossed over. They better fix this mess. Glad to see Ausberry finally suspended, but disappointed to see him required to go to classes about sexual harassment.

Naturally, everyone gravitates to the big name who was just creepy while the stuff about the raped and assaults gets glossed over. They better fix this mess. Glad to see Ausberry finally suspended, but disappointed to see him required to go to classes about sexual harassment.

I'm AMAZED that all anyone is talking about is Les Miles. I guess I shouldn't be, but I am.

Anybody who thinks this is about Les Miles hitting on college girls hasn't read the report. Several LSU athletes abused and maybe even raped female students and weren't disciplined. These WERE NOT all years ago under the previous administration.

I'm AMAZED that all anyone is talking about is Les Miles. I guess I shouldn't be, but I am.

Anybody who thinks this is about Les Miles hitting on college girls hasn't read the report. Several LSU athletes abused and maybe even raped female students and weren't disciplined. These WERE NOT all years ago under the previous administration.
You can see these situations were designed to go through Segar and Ausberry for the specific purpose of keeping it hidden from the public. They even went through the efforts to hand deliver reports and documents to avoid discovery in FOIA requests. The idea that they have been singled out to undergo some kind of training to learn what should be regarded as basic human decency is equal parts hilarious and tragic. What above the non-athlete students that were involved in these cases? Are we saying that only those two people in a structure that was designed to not take this seriously are the ones that did something wrong or has everyone else already been fired?

Then, on the day the report is released, LSU offers Verge's son a football scholarship.

Hopefully people will come forward to speak their truth. LSU clearly isn't taking this seriously, so it needs to be blown up.

You can see these situations were designed to go through Segar and Ausberry for the specific purpose of keeping it hidden from the public. They even went through the efforts to hand deliver reports and documents to avoid discovery in FOIA requests. The idea that they have been singled out to undergo some kind of training to learn what should be regarded as basic human decency is equal parts hilarious and tragic. What above the non-athlete students that were involved in these cases? Are we saying that only those two people in a structure that was designed to not take this seriously are the ones that did something wrong or has everyone else already been fired?

Then, on the day the report is released, LSU offers Verge's son a football scholarship.

Hopefully people will come forward to speak their truth. LSU clearly isn't taking this seriously, so it needs to be blown up.

I agree 100%.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone sends a daughter to college these days.
I was 19 by the time I was a college freshman, legally an adult, and did not require my parents’ consent for anything. If they had tried to withhold a college education from me for any reason but especially just due to the bad behavior of men!? Hell no.

I was 19 by the time I was a college freshman, legally an adult, and did not require my parents’ consent for anything. If they had tried to withhold a college education from me for any reason but especially just due to the bad behavior of men!? Hell no.
Good for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom