Report: Global temperatures have not risen since 1998 (1 Viewer)

My favorite quote:

This would mean global temperatures have not risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory.

I-Love-Lucy-Poster-Card-C10204698.jpeg

The sky's not falling!!! The sky's not falling!!!

While the debate over climate changce will continue,

I want to caution people that think our CO2 contibution to the atmosphere has no or minimal effect on the planet.

While we do not yet know how we truely effect the climate, we do know one thing, we are increasing the CO2 rate in the atmosphere at dangerous levels.

While we are not near the highest CO2 levels ever, the problem is the rate at which CO2 is increasing.

Over periods of time, slow increases over millions of years allow for plants and animals to adapt and evolve. Increasing the rate at which we are increasing CO2 does not allow some plants and animals to evolve and could potentially cause mass extentions.

Considering all the medical possibilities from numerous plants that we have yet to discover, it would be foolish of us to throw caution into the wind and not care about conservation.

I know some on the right want you to believe CO2 does no harm, and some on the left want you to think the earth is going to be destroyed, as with many things the truth lies somewhere in the middle, Though we may not cause the planet to become uninhabitable because of CO2 production, we could severly damage the quality of life for ourselves and those to follow.

Over periods of time, slow increases over millions of years allow for plants and animals to adapt and evolve. Increasing the rate at which we are increasing CO2 does not allow some plants and animals to evolve and could potentially cause mass extentions.

Just for reference, no plant would be harmed by increased CO2 levels (outside of potential global temperatures rising). Quite the opposite

While the debate over climate changce will continue,

I want to caution people that think our CO2 contibution to the atmosphere has no or minimal effect on the planet.

While we do not yet know how we truely effect the climate, we do know one thing, we are increasing the CO2 rate in the atmosphere at dangerous levels.

While we are not near the highest CO2 levels ever, the problem is the rate at which CO2 is increasing.

Considering all the medical possibilities from numerous plants that we have yet to discover, it would be foolish of us to throw caution into the wind and not care about conservation.

I know some on the right want you to believe CO2 does no harm, and some on the left want you to think the earth is going to be destroyed, as with many things the truth lies somewhere in the middle, Though we may not cause the planet to become uninhabitable because of CO2 production, we could severly damage the quality of life for ourselves and those to follow.

When were the highest recorded CO2 levels?

Just for reference, no plant would be harmed by increased CO2 levels (outside of potential global temperatures rising). Quite the opposite

I'm not sure that's true. Just because they "breathe" CO2 doesn't necessarily mean they can tolerate higher concentrations, does it? I don't know the answer to this, but can we breathe pure oxygen for large periods of time without damage?

Just because they "breathe" CO2 doesn't necessarily mean they can tolerate higher concentrations, does it?

Speaking in the abstract, yes. Practically there would be a variety of complications from that ("global warming" being principal) which would make it impractical, but in theory, yes, the more CO2 the better for plants.

keepoursaints said:
When were the highest recorded CO2 levels?

50 million years ago (Eocene epoch). CO2 was at 1,125 ppm (parts per million). It's at like 380 ppm right now, but that's from 250 ppm from about 200 years ago. So there has been a legitimately worrisome rapid rise.

Studies have shown high CO2 levels can retard plant growth in many species... It inhibits the plants ability to obsorb nitrogen. Also In higher CO2 concentrations the sugar found in the leaves are higher, attracting more insects, destroying crop yeilds... that has been documented I believe in Soy Bean and corn anyway....

Though I also admit, some grow better in high CO2 levels...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom