News Report: Goodell has STH refund in place if some games are fan-less (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
These stories change everyday but now it sounds like some games could go on with some fans while others will have no fans at all. A refund policy is in place if necessary per the Commish.

Goodell wrote that “all clubs will have in place a policy under which, if a game is cancelled, or is played under conditions that prohibit fans from attending, anyone purchasing a ticket directly from the club (i.e., season tickets, group sales and/or partial season plans) will have the option of either receiving a full refund or applying the amount paid toward a future ticket purchase directly from the club.”

As for the secondary market, the league received pledges from Ticketmaster and SeatGeek to make full refunds available for all ticket sales within no more than 30 days of cancellation. StubHub, however, will do so only where required by state law.

I just got an email about the May 29 payment. They are going to charge my card as planned. Interesting.

I haven't been a STH for long but the way they have handled this entire situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. Absolutely zero mention of the crisis, and sending out the invoices as if nothing is going on.

Sure, you can get an extension, but you have to call and plead with the agent. How has a mass communication not been sent out? It's pretty pathetic from this kind of organization.

If the NFL’s teams are going to continue charging fans for their season tickets (as the Saints plan to do on May 29), they have to release a schedule and plan a “normal” season. They want our dollars in their accounts, interest free, first. Then they’ll see how things play out and deal with rescheduling, potential refunds and credit policies, later.

I got an email from Live Nation informing me that a concert I bought tickets to had been cancelled. They gave me the option to “opt in” to a program allowing them to hold my money and use it at a value of 150% on a future Live Nation event. I have 30:days to opt in, which is their way of saying I’m going to hold your money for another month, interest free. I wouldn’t be surprised to see sports teams do something similar. Although I’m thinking a gift, or team store credit, in lieu of valuing our funds on hand at a rate higher than 100%.

I haven't been a STH for long but the way they have handled this entire situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. Absolutely zero mention of the crisis, and sending out the invoices as if nothing is going on.

Sure, you can get an extension, but you have to call and plead with the agent. How has a mass communication not been sent out? It's pretty pathetic from this kind of organization.

been a season ticket holder for 21 years and I’ll say I have mixed feelings about the organizations approach to ticket holders.

I did not pay my first installment because I was likely to be furloughed and didn’t want to tie that money up in an entertainment endeavor that I didn’t feel confident would actually happen.

the ticket office called me about a week past the deadline and assured me that they wouldn’t release my tickets until the late May deadline. I appreciated that but have too been a bit miffed about the lack of communication about the contingency plans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom