News Report: Goodell has STH refund in place if some games are fan-less (1 Viewer)

Right on cue the Saints send an invoice reminder, with zero mention of the crisis.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, remember to pay your season ticket invoice.
I just got an email about the May 29 payment. They are going to charge my card as planned. Interesting.
Why are they sending invoices? I thought we had to pay for them weeks ago. I know it's been a long time since I paid for mine.

If the NFL’s teams are going to continue charging fans for their season tickets (as the Saints plan to do on May 29), they have to release a schedule and plan a “normal” season. They want our dollars in their accounts, interest free, first. Then they’ll see how things play out and deal with rescheduling, potential refunds and credit policies, later.

I got an email from Live Nation informing me that a concert I bought tickets to had been cancelled. They gave me the option to “opt in” to a program allowing them to hold my money and use it at a value of 150% on a future Live Nation event. I have 30:days to opt in, which is their way of saying I’m going to hold your money for another month, interest free. I wouldn’t be surprised to see sports teams do something similar. Although I’m thinking a gift, or team store credit, in lieu of valuing our funds on hand at a rate higher than 100%.
I'll gladly take a 50% bonus toward next year's seats (and 2022) if they promise not to raise prices.

My own take, only: since 2006, the customer care level of the organization has increasingly tried to get it right, particularly for the long-term season ticket holders. I have not once had an unpleasant experience with the ticket office or with the organization in general.

This makes business sense -- always take care of your most loyal customers first.

We are in unprecedented territory here. Given the cast of characters (Mrs. B, Loomis, Payton), as reactive as I can be, I am going to lively myself down (as Bob Marley would say) and be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks.

Wonder how they’ll handle refunds for preseason games? 🤔

I want the games made to be of equal value. No variable pricing of games. I would imagine the Saints will give you a credit of $5 for home pre-season games to be given as a 50% off coupon for a small draft beer next year, but only for use only during a pre-season game in 2021.

My own take, only: since 2006, the customer care level of the organization has increasingly tried to get it right, particularly for the long-term season ticket holders. I have not once had an unpleasant experience with the ticket office or with the organization in general.

This makes business sense -- always take care of your most loyal customers first.

We are in unprecedented territory here. Given the cast of characters (Mrs. B, Loomis, Payton), as reactive as I can be, I am going to lively myself down (as Bob Marley would say) and be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks.

I actually agree with this in many ways. I just posted a half way joke and jab at the Saints, but they have always treated me very well and my old season ticket account guy is the head of tickets now and I am sure that if I emailed him personally, he would email me back directly.

Last edited:
I'll gladly take a 50% bonus toward next year's seats (and 2022) if they promise not to raise prices.
I wouldn’t count on it, the NFL always does what’s best for THEM. Like I said, if they did anything it would probably be in some form of a gift or some kind of store (maybe concessions) bonus bucks.

Why are they sending invoices? I thought we had to pay for them weeks ago. I know it's been a long time since I paid for mine.
I do the 50/50 deal. I pay the first half then they automatically charge my card for the difference on the next due date. The second half payment is due at the end of this month.

I wouldn’t count on it, the NFL always does what’s best for THEM. Like I said, if they did anything it would probably be in some form of a gift or some kind of store (maybe concessions) bonus bucks.

That is because what is also for league profitability is also what is best to increase the salary cap and in so increasing the players overall pay.

The 50% down payment was due around the end of Feb, but now the remaining balance is due May 29.

i saw something about the NFL plans to refund all STHs if the games don't go...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom