Report: Jimmy Graham and Saints Have Not Talked New Contract (1 Viewer)

wouldn't expect them too.

Jimmy dropped damn near 20 balls....im not rewarding him for that as a GM

If he comes out and performs this year its almost certain they will take care of him.

I think they'll ink a deal after this monster season he's about to have!

wouldn't expect them too.

Jimmy dropped damn near 20 balls....im not rewarding him for that as a GM

If he comes out and performs this year its almost certain they will take care of him.

This would be the time to do rather than he has a monster season next year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

one of the best TE's in the game and he is under 25. We are not letting him leave this great city.

Problem is right now the Saints have to save money before they spend money. Drew wanted to be the number one payed QB (and I agreed with him) but this is the problem that causes. It's the cost of having a top 5 (or top 1 IMO) QB these days. Atl, Baltimore, and especially Green Bay are about to feel similar pain.

True..but that time has passed.

Cuz that means jimmy would have to be willing to listen...but if i was him Id go into next year with the intentions of blowing everyone out the water. He'll get paid either way. If he would have had a better year this year i think it would have been a win win for everyone...but Jimmy seemed mentally out of it...or injured depending on how u look @ it.

You don't reward a guy after they type of season he had........he could have had over 100 catche and 1000 or so yards.

Unfortunatly he didn't play up to par.

With that being said i think its in everyone best interest including his to show himself he can have a bounce back year as well as the organization that he can rebound.

He will get his money..he isn't going anywhere. We have a history of making guys play out their contracts anyway if im not mistaken.

I'm not worried about this, this will be taken care of in the same way the Brees deal was and the Sean Payton contract. Nothing to get steamed up about.

True..but that time has passed.

Cuz that means jimmy would have to be willing to listen...but if i was him Id go into next year with the intentions of blowing everyone out the water. He'll get paid either way. If he would have had a better year this year i think it would have been a win win for everyone...but Jimmy seemed mentally out of it...or injured depending on how u look @ it.

You don't reward a guy after they type of season he had........he could have had over 100 catche and 1000 or so yards.

Unfortunatly he didn't play up to par.

With that being said i think its in everyone best interest including his to show himself he can have a bounce back year as well as the organization that he can rebound.

He will get his money..he isn't going anywhere. We have a history of making guys play out their contracts anyway if im not mistaken.

True. It takes two to tango.

Dropped balls, took out coachs knee, unleveling goal posts to bring the ladder crew out The boy does it all the way or nothing. But will have a monster year when we get this running game going again

Problem is right now the Saints have to save money before they spend money. Drew wanted to be the number one payed QB (and I agreed with him) but this is the problem that causes. It's the cost of having a top 5 (or top 1 IMO) QB these days. Atl, Baltimore, and especially Green Bay are about to feel similar pain.

Funny thing is Brees is not even in the top 5 of QBs as far as cap hit this season. Loomis structured it pretty well. Whats hurting us now is the big spending last season and old bloated contracts like smith, vilma, and harper.

Funny thing is Brees is not even in the top 5 of QBs as far as cap hit this season. Loomis structured it pretty well. Whats hurting us now is the big spending last season and old bloated contracts like smith, vilma, and harper.

I'm not a cap guy or an Xs and Os guy, just a fan, which is why I don't usually get involved in these nuts and bolts discussions. Of the three you mentioned, the general thought is they'll do new contracts or be cut. I have ultimate faith in Loomis to make things work.

Saints just don't have the money to give him an extension this season and if they can't work out a new deal before 2014 then they can use the franchise tag on him

I'm not a cap guy or an Xs and Os guy, just a fan, which is why I don't usually get involved in these nuts and bolts discussions. Of the three you mentioned, the general thought is they'll do new contracts or be cut. I have ultimate faith in Loomis to make things work.

Agree, probably no choice. At least a couple of them.

As for Jimmy, that young man needs to start catching the ball before he asks for a record TE salary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom