Saints Report: MLB could cancel season as early as Monday (Not looking good...) (1 Viewer)

Well they don't have minors this year. Minor league seasons were canceled. They have 30 man rosters and 30 players at an alternate training site.
So, they do have minors. Those other 30 guys who were not good enough to make the top 30. Guys who were on their minors team. BTW that "alternate site" is usually their minors site.

The Marlins never should have stopped playing, just bring in the second string and keep going. If guys in the second string are concerned about their health, there's lots of other guys who would love to play pro baseball. Guys in the former minors roster of each organization, which they did not just forget overnight.

Exactly. Straight from the Goodell rule book. How to blame everyone else but yourself. Manford botched this bad.

Manfred and baseball management do not expose the players to COVID-19. Accountability starts and ends with the players themselves. When they ignore the guidelines and subject MLB's season to the panic machine that is our media and society, they deserve to be called out for it.

Anybody who thinks the NFL is going to be any more prepared than the MLB come 10 September 2020 would do well to familiarise themselves with the music of Judas Priest: You Got Another Thing Comin’.

Someone said elsewhere on this forum that the NFL’s COVID19 strategy was basically premised on the assumption that things would have improved generally. They haven’t. I know someone who works for the NFL and they told me there are significant challenges trying to get their own staff back to league offices in NYC. As in, they haven’t even devised a proper strategy for that (or at least one that is acceptable to their employees).

They should have started making plans to establish a bubble three months ago. As a Saints fan this hurts double because our roster is primed for a run at the SB now.

If this doesnt convince you that our society is filled with narcissistic butt crevasses only interested in instant gratification, then you are just willfully ignorant

These players have the incentive of being paid money that 99.5% of Americans can only dream of to follow basic health precautions and a significant portion of them still wont do it. If obscene amounts of money wont do it, it doesnt matter what any scientist, doctor, or politician says

Also seems likely that the College Football power 5 conferences will cancel or postpones the season.

They should have started making plans to establish a bubble three months ago. As a Saints fan this hurts double because our roster is primed for a run at the SB now.

This is the part that gets me. You have a multi-billion dollar enterprise. And you got to start planning for this in March.

Sure, we all thought that things would be better by the Fall. But I remember at the time that people kept emphasizing how much uncertainty there was. It is not crazy that things are still bad.

How the heck--with the resources of the NFL--do you not plan for the worst and hope for the best?

How many coach speeches over the history of football have been some variation of "A WISH is not a PLAN!" or "HOPE is not HARD WORK!"? Yet, here we are, with the NFL having wished and hoped that COVID would go away without making a plan or doing the hard work necessary to have the season go on if it did not.

Stupid.

And, of course, I would not be so sad about all this if this were the era of the Billie Joes. But the Saints were primed, man. This was gonna be a great year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom