REPORT: Pats [allegedly] filmed Rams walk-through at SB XXVI (1 Viewer)

Supposedly, the NFL investigated this allegation several months ago and concluded that nothing happened.

If it did--and if a member of the coaching staff saw the tape, then the League needs to do the following:

1. Strip New England of that Super Bowl championship.

2. Strip New England of all 2008 draft picks and reduce New England's salary cap by the amount normally allocated to signing draft picks.

3. Suspend Belichick for one year.

The allegation was that the walkthrough filmed was of several redzone plays. The Rams weren't even in the redzone until the 4th quater. The Pats beat them up physically all game. The alleged act is not why they won that game.

i wish we would tape some stuff and go undefeated...

I hope they do it before the draft.

And take ALL of their draft picks away!

I remember how I pulled for the Pats in the Pats/Rams Super Bowl. Everybody was so pleased that they ran out as a team and refused to be introduced individually.

In an article I read today from the New York Times it was stated how serious taping a team's private walk-through is. The Rams throughout the season had the most potent offense in football. Called "The Greatest Show on Turf." Yet in the SB with the Pats, they were held to one field goal in the first half! The Pats were huge underdogs, but won on a Vinatieri field goal. The article stated that most of the new plays the Rams had installed for the SB had to do with red zone offense, and it was there that the Rams faltered the most. As though the Patriots knew in advance what they were going to run.

This is a big deal, folks. If Congress continues its investigation and calls Walsh before it, and he spills the beans, the you-know-what is going to really hit the fan. The Michael Vick incident will pale in comparison.

And take ALL of their draft picks away!

I still can't believe the Patriots only got their 1st round pick taken away from them & they still have a top 10 pick.:dunno:

Go GIANTS!!!

I got no love of the Pats.....but it's a walkthrough.....you aren't going to learn much from that are you? It seems like much ado about nothing....otherwise it would have come out earlier. Looks like a reporter trying to get some press before the Superbowl to me.

GEAUXX GIANTS!

Actually, you can learn a LOT from a walk through. I saw on ESPN's crawl that the Rams were practicing plays they would run in the red zone at that time. If you can read a formation and know what play will be run, it makes it MUCH easier to stop the play.

Curt and The Rams were likely robbed... literally. If a woman can be prosecuted for trying share proprietary (sp?) company secrets at Coca-Cola then why can they get away with this? The NFL is not above the law-- they have an antitrust exemption. They don't have-- even at the commisioner level-- the right or authority to dismiss from justice wrong doings and crimes (stealing trade secrets is a crime; so is destruction of evidence) commited by members of their elite group of super-rich owners and/or their cohorts.

I hope Goodell takes a fall for this. He plays God up there, and while I like the cleaning up he's done and despise the antics of the select few players that thumb their collective noses at the law, he has engaged in incredibly reckless malfiesance (sp?) and has abused his office in destroying evidence. He then has the balls to think he's above the scrutiny of the Chairman of the Senate of the Judiciary committee with his complacent -- almost ubstructionist-- response to him.

Hey, just because you are a bunch of millionaire opportunists doesn't mean you are above the law. Goodell deserves the same harsh and unbendable justice that he's dished out to players for their crimes/indiscretions.

Last edited:
There are too many coincidences with this team and their success. Numerous times do you hear a team lost to the Pats and hear them say...."it's almost as if they knew which play they were going to call before we even executed it." Add to that the fact that now there is one person in Foxboro whose sole responsibility is to make sure that the communications for the visiting team is working because quite a few teams have complained about the fact that when their team was mounting a drive or coming back against the pats......all of a sudden they lose communications with their headsets. Particularly the head coach and the QB. Now we have all these filming issues going on. How much more do we need?

They've gotten too lucky, too many times IMO for there not to be some meat to this.

They've gotten too lucky, too many times IMO for there not to be some meat to this.

Yeah, you wish.

You Pats haters are buying into this whole BS and it's funny to watch. You just can't admit that it's superior coaching and execution. Oh well, carry on - :smilielol:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom