REPORT: Pats [allegedly] filmed Rams walk-through at SB XXVI (1 Viewer)

Cha-Ching

Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From www.profootballtalk.com

POSTED 9:30 a.m. EST, February 2, 2008

REPORT: PATS FILMED RAMS WALK-THROUGH

When it rains, it freakin' pours.

After a bizarre day in which Spygate unexpectedly reappeared on the league's radar screen and strong hints of previously undisclosed cheating emerged, John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots videotaped the walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams prior to Super Bowl XXVI.

If you haven't put big money on the Pats, do it now. This is just the kind of motivation they needed.

I've been reading these reports about Matt Walsh and wondered if it would explode into more. I guess so.

Certainly this surprises nobody that cheaters cheated, right?

I got no love of the Pats.....but it's a walkthrough.....you aren't going to learn much from that are you? It seems like much ado about nothing....otherwise it would have come out earlier. Looks like a reporter trying to get some press before the Superbowl to me.

GEAUXX GIANTS!

I got no love of the Pats.....but it's a walkthrough.....you aren't going to learn much from that are you? It seems like much ado about nothing....otherwise it would have come out earlier. Looks like a reporter trying to get some press before the Superbowl to me.

GEAUXX GIANTS!

It's probably true that this wouldn't have necessarily helped them to win, but to me it shows that the history of cheating goes back 5 years...how long have they been bending the rules? It desn't matter to me if the information helped them or not; but it does matter to me that they CHEATED. I don't have much patience for cheaters; guess that's why this season is really rubbing me the wrong way...people are so enamored with the perfection that they forget that they were caught cheating. I don't care if they would have won anyway; they are still cheaters in my mind.

Its amazing how the media love for the Pats totally blind them to what's happening... so thjis has been going on since at least 2001... they didn't just stop, and started again in that Jets game that they got caught this year.

I'd love to see how far this goes... Bill B and all of his Lombardi trophies now have big * next to them..

It's probably true that this wouldn't have necessarily helped them to win, but to me it shows that the history of cheating goes back 5 years...how long have they been bending the rules? It desn't matter to me if the information helped them or not; but it does matter to me that they CHEATED. I don't have much patience for cheaters; guess that's why this season is really rubbing me the wrong way...people are so enamored with the perfection that they forget that they were caught cheating. I don't care if they would have won anyway; they are still cheaters in my mind.

Meh. Every team, on every level, looks for every advantage possible. It isn't right, but it is human nature and with the $$ at stake anything and everything will be done to win. This isn't a new practice by the Patriots either, as Jimmy Johnson has come out and said that most, if not all, teams have done this in the present/past and that signal stealing is common place not matter what the method used. He has admitted to doing so himself.

Also, are there different levels of transgressions that bother you? What about steroid users? What about your feelings regarding the Saints and the fact that Hollis Thomas was caught using performance enhancers during a magical season? You support LSU and yet they paid two professors to settle out of court regarding the recent grades scandal (though of course in doing so they were simply "saving litigation costs" and "admit no wrongdoing"), and Nick Saban was reprimanded for his own recruiting violations. Are these just too minor to matter? Where is the line drawn?

I'm sure the Saints have cheated in one way or another during their history, and that goes for every team, it was just that the Pats were caught.

I'm sure the Saints have cheated in one way or another during their history, and that goes for every team, it was just that the Pats were caught.

No, it's not "just" that the Pats were caught. This is such a porous argument. :lol::covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom