Report: Raiders haven’t given Derek Carr permission to seek trade (1 Viewer)

In 2 weeks his $33m dollar salary becomes fully guaranteed. Not sure they will be able to trade him that that kind of salary guaranteed for 23 and just over 40 in 24 and 25 those those years have no guarantee.
This. They’re gonna cut him anyway.

How old are you? 7?

Someone doesn't agree with you and they're a clown?

Show me how Carr is the next great QB on our roster.

Better yes, way better IDK. After this weekend, I kinda want an elite guy. Although, I don't trust this staff to draft or develop a QB.

So do about 27 other teams. This team isn't going to tank. What I expect us to do is get someone we can win with until we're in position to get "The Guy."

Still won’t be anywhere near worth his contract and would not get us to the Super Bowl. No to Carr.
Unfortunately, QBs that have played up to where Carr has played, costs money these days. There’s no way around that. Plus, when we signed Drew, no one expected a Super Bowl victory. Drew had to become the Drew Brees that we have come to know. Have to be willing to take a risk.

Sorry if I hurt your feels.

You said he was no better than anyone we have on the roster. That's a silly statement.

And incorrect.
Our offensive line play was inconsistent at best last year.
I believe that cost us a few games at least.
There's no telling how any of our current QBs would have faired with better protection.

I'm just not a fan of Carr as well.

There is no way they do not cut him. Cutting him is a $5,625,000 dead cap hit in 2023 and a $29,250,000 cap savings.

2024 is a $3,750,000 dead cap hit and a $40,125,000 savings.

2025 is a $1,875,000 dead cap hit and a $41,300,000 savings.

This man's career with the Raiders is over.
Your numbers are correct according to overthecap.com but the message is a bit misleading imo.

If they cut him before June 1st this year, his dead cap hit total is $5.625M, which includes the dead cap number you list if they wait to cut him before June 1st in 2024 ($3.75M) and likewise waiting to cut him in 2025 ($1.875M).

And if he's cut before June 1st this year, the cap savings will be $29.25M this year as you posted. The team would also avoid paying his salary in 2024 ($41.9M) and in 2025 (another $41.2M).

So, one could argue that the Raiders total cap savings is $112.35M (spread out over 2023, 2024 and 2025) for a dead money hit of only $5.625M (against their 2023 cap).

So do about 27 other teams. This team isn't going to tank. What I expect us to do is get someone we can win with until we're in position to get "The Guy."
To be clear I'm not knocking Carr, I'm just pointing the fact we will be going back deep in the cap hole. Does this mean we will not try and draft a qb?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom